My proud mommy moment :))

edited June 2011 in Just for Fun
I have been trying to potty train my 18 month old daughter for a couple weeks. She has gone pee on the potty a couple times but refused to poop. Well today she freaks out screaming potty potty!! So I take her in there and about 20 min later she pees. So I do the whole yay good girl heres your candy!! About 10 minutes later she gets a super worried look on her face and tells me caca potty!!! So I set her on there and about 5 min later she actually went!!! YAAYYYY!!! Lol, so you know your a mommy when you get excited a poop made it into a toliet lol. Sorry I just had to share!! Feel free to write some funny stories and tips!!

Comments

• My little guy isn't potty trained yet but he does know to throwup in the toilet. I'm guessing from watchinng me in my horrible first trimester sickfest lol
  • @oregonmama she is weird she is scared when shes up there but so proud when she goes lol!! And the stick idea is a good one!!
    @beaded_bunny hey, at least he pukes in it!!! I hate cleaning up puke!!! Lol. how old is he?
  • That's awesome! My 2-yr-old daughter is still in her "hide-n-go-poop" phase. But whenever she does poop in the potty, I take her to a dollar store and let her pick out a treat! I just started doing that a month ago. She gets so excited and has been going to the potty more often! My 5-yr-old son, however, is now asking if he gets a treat for using the potty too (he's been trained for over 2 yrs). I tell him he'll get treats for something else, like writing his letters and numbers. :)
  • @mya218 thats so cute lol, I would be like heyyyy I want something too!! But the numbers and letters thing is a great idea!!
  • Yay that's great. When tryin to potty train my son we had our kittens litter box next to the potty he saw the kittens use the litter box guess he thought that'd be easier tried to pee in it and peed on the kitten I had to give it a bath took awhile I. Had to stop laughing first
  • i love those moments! lol! I remember when ds was very sick and just wasnt pooping- which was completely unlike him. i literally cried when he finally pooped in his diaper ( he was like 8 mo or something). that moment i thought *wow, this is my life now.... 20 yrs old and 2 kids, and i am ecstatic that he pooped!*
  • He turned two last month. He just stopped crying *for the most part* when we put him on the potty chair. Hes not really in love with the idea of training