Teen mom stuff

edited February 2011 in Teen moms
One of the most common arguments I've heard about not getting pregnant when you're young is that you wont be able to go party with your friends. I've never really been a party animal. When I was going thru my wild stage at 16, it was actually pretty horrible.

I had my iPod stolen out of my jacket while it was in a friend's bedroom by her boyfriend and instead if telling me so I could get it back, she covered for him. Twice! I had my pot stolen from me, I had a cool pipe I got in London stolen, and I had a string of crappy boyfriends who would spend all my money, steal any change I had, and pretty much use me cuz I was convenient. One time a bf tried to cheat on me with my own cousin. Another tried to cheat on me with my best friend at the time (same guy who pawned my grandma's gold jewelry). I got sick of it pretty fast, needless to say.

I met my husband at my first job (he was one my managers) and we immediately hit it off. I left my crappy boyfriend for him and I've never looked back. We got married when I was 18 and now at 19, I'm happier than ever with my husband and our little baby growing inside me.

When I first got married, everyone was telling me to wait to have a kid because it sucks when your friends go partying without you. My friends (who were crappy excuses if friends) left me in the dust when I told them I was getting married because "its hard to stand by someone you love when you think they are making the worst decision of their lives". Conditional friendship? I'd say so. I feel that if they were really friends, they would have stuck with me so they could be there for me if/when I fall.

The point of this rant is that I want to be a wife and a mommy. I'm more than happy to leave all that nonsense behind me. I don't see why others (particularly my family members and aforementioned "friends") don't see that part of the argument. Some 19 year old girls aren't like me and wanna hang out and party, but I'm more than content to sit at home and cuddle with my little one and a man who really loves and adores me.

Comments

• As am I, I went 2 2 digferent high schools all my frien4s from 1 have all had a baby na dads gone slop from the other habe left n gone into study very odd, I am the only one from both schools that got married na had kids straight aftet.s8hool also did my nursing, I'm 23 preg with number 3 I always only wanted 2 be a wife n mother
  • I'm with you girls! All I have ever wanted more than anything is to be a mum an finally my dream has come true :) Im also 23 did all my partyian between 13 and 20 now I know im ready for this . I'm almost 12 weeks an couldn't b happier :) hope all is goin well for you both xxx xx
  • I was 19 when I fell pregnant with my first. I was always very shy so never had a party life at any stage of my growning up. And truth be told im glad. Im with a wonderful guy who puts me and my son first and trying for another. Im 25 now. If I do feel like going wild for a night I do it with him whilst the grandma's take turns at babysitting :-) x
  • Im 19 and prego with my first. I did all the partying I wanted before i got pregnant....I had already stopped partying for about 6 months prior to my pregnancy. It's always been my dream to be a mommy and have a good husbend, so I'm sooooooo with everybody on that. :)
  • *husband, sry....lol :-D
  • Im 20 and I got my partying out in my teenage years while I was in high school. I joined the air force at 18 and met my husband in the service. We've been together for two years now

I look at my friends from high school and feel almost sorry for them for the stuff they've gotten into.

But don't let them get u down because you are happy and let them be miserable with themselves. They're probably just jealous of you and your husbands happiness
  • edited February 2011
    I had my first @ 17 I was a party girl I started early my 8th grade year in middle school and my 19grade year in high school I was pretty bad skipped school smoked trees popped pills gettin drunk! Then I got prego she changed my life for the better my grade went up in school I started workin making plans for our future. Now I'm pregnant again I'm senior now 3monnths away from my Cap and gown :-)! I'm very excited I have the best boyfriend/babydaddy he is not the father of my first but treats her like his own. We are lookin for a place together now.
  • Glad to see there are other ladies who feel the same. 7 months seems like a long time to wait for my little baby!
  • I got pregnant when I was 19 and enjoyed drinking with my friends before hand but honestly I would rather have my mom babysit for a night and go to the bar with my hubby for our anniversary (when I'm not prego...lol). I'm glad I'm not in that scene anymore and its funny to hear all the drama from people around you and know it has nothing to do with you.
  • I love love love the point you're making. I'll be 19 Saturday, I've been engaged for almost a year (due to paperwork problems we had to put off the marriage). I NEVER go out and party, I went through that stage early (around 16 or 17), and friends are very scarce. I love my job as a wife, and can't wait to be a mommy!
  • I 100% agree. Im 19 turning 20 on March 7th and im 7weeks along. I have been getting the "you're too young" and "you're gonna be so unhappy when your friends go to the bar and hangout and you cant". It annoying as all hell only because i dont even party as it is now. I dislike drinking and all the drama "partys" and all that stuff brings. It was never fun for me, i was the one always staying in with my closest friends and my boyfriend. I even fall asleep before 10:30 most nights...LOL
    its just fusterating when people try to tell you how its gonna be when no one is the same.. everyones different. You know..?
  • Definitely frustrating. One of my old friends has been saying she wants to talk to me again. In her text, I got no hint of remorse or apology. I'm thinking she just wants to b!tch me out for getting pregnant so soon. My husband is saying I should just tell her to kiss my butt. I actually had an entire thread about this asking for other's opinions. I miss my guy friends. They never caught me up in needless drama.

Anyhoo, good luck to you ladies who feel this way too! Mommy power!
  • My little fetus in my tummy is a result of my partying stage. I got drunk one night and had sex with a guy I had only known for a couple weeks and now he wants nothing to do with me. I definetly am not going back to that life I used to live. Not that its even the life I wanted to live at the time, but I live in a small town where there's nothing to do and all anyone does to have fun is party, drink, and smoke weed. Now I realize that I don't hang out with anyone anymore because all they want to do is party and I can't do those things anymore. I'm glad that this happened though because I wanted to stop drinking and smoking anyway, and now I can. And it won't be hard to stay away from it after i have the baby because I am a lot more mature than most people my age, my life does not revolve around partying.
  • @ashabash
    I know all about the small town thing. I live in a suburb where there is nothing to do. All the fun stuff is in downtown Seattle, but I can't always afford bus trips and I don't wanna get stranded downtown with the hobos and crackheads if I miss the last bus out. I wasn't lucky enough to have rich parents who could buy me a car and pay for driving school. Since I couldn't go where the fun was, I sat around and smoked pot with crappy back-stabbing people. Like I said, I'm so much happier with my husband and my fetus :) I'm sorry to hear that the dad doesn't want to be part of your baby's life, but there are always good guys out there who will love a child that isn't biologically theirs.
  • I got pregnant at 18 I was on my own drinking smoking weed that type of thing I got knocked up... I didnt mind stoping all that but then a year after having my daughter I married not her father but my best friend. We had two more children... He would take charge and my friends and I went out on fridays after I had the lids ready for bed... Well a year l&tet is tpday. Him and I are divorcing, im with someone else amd im prego. *sorry for spelling!
  • Yeah I live in Michigan and the closest city that there is to do anything is Detroit. But i'm not 21 yet so I can't go out to bars and clubs and drink, and I don't always have the gas and money to drive there. And I know I will one day find a guy who loves me for me and accepts me having a child and will love it as his own, I can't wait for that day to come. But I know it's not gonna be anytime soon, i'm going to have to move out of the town I live in first and possibly even the state haha I hate where I live.
  • @ashabash
    Could happen sooner than you think tho! Some guys are just really cool. My hubby and I are so alike that I noticed while we were watching a movie, he and I were both playing with our lower lips and even with the same hand. He loves me so much that when I'm really pissed at him (only happened like twice), he feels sick and hurt until we patch things up. I never thought I'd be married at 19!