Baby shower/mil vent! *update*

Okay so my mil just called me to inform me that she wants to have dh's birthday as a surprise party with the baby shower...I was in shock that she would even think this was a good idea. I didn't know what to say honestly. I was stumbling over my words as I tried to tell her I didn't think it was appropriate or a good idea because people aren't going to want to "have" to go or bring two separate presents.

Plus she has informed me that she is going to be staying with us for a total of 9 days after the baby is born and that she already talk to dh about it...He hasn't talked to me about it and he knows that I think is mother is psycho and might just strangle her if she stays here for so long...She also told me that after that 9 day period if we want to go out that she has plenty of stuff over there so we wouldn't have to worry...idk what this means. I don't want to know what this means because it will just piss me off even more...Why do mil think they have to run everything.

After I calm down enough to not rip her head off over the phone I will be informed HER that the baby shower and birthday are NOT! going to be together...Plus once dh gets home I think we need to sit down and talk about this 9 days stay...Maybe like 3 days but not 9 whole entire days. Hell I know it's going to be so hard but I really couldn't deal with her for that long.

Comments

• Stick to your guns. I would shank my mil before letting her invade my home *not really but I would think hard about it*
  • Tell her you'll keep her in mind when you need help and that the baby shower is ONLY going to be a baby shower and that's final
  • OMG, so reminds me of my mil a while ago. She wanted to run our lives and take charge of everything. I talked to. my hubby in very loving way, explaining him that he is not a little boy anymore who needs her guidance and approval. He started slowly refusing her and learned to say NO to her. But it wasn't easy. They would have fights and she would ruin his mood, but I was supportive as much as I could. Now it is much better, but it took time, we've been together for almost 7 years,& married for almost 6. It actually made our relationship stronger and now we have each others back no matter what. Good luck to you, and be smart about it, never fight with her, let your husband know how you feel and he is the one who can tell her things in the way that are appropriate between them. Hope it helps. Hugs and be patient and wise!
  • Okay so I wait till my dh got home and talked to him about the "her staying over" bit. He was oh hell nah! She hasn't said anything to me and she is not staying over. I was like oh okay. Well just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. -I was super calm and didn't freak out or anything. In my head though I was like, "ha u crazy bitch! Stay home!!" Lol

And I told her that it would be inappropriate to the bday party and shower together cause that's like trying to force people to buy 2 presents. And I'm sure the guys aren't really gonna wanna come. She was like but I thought it was a good idea. I told her I didn't think dh would like it since its abouts supposed to b about our baby...(plus honestly I think he wouldn't talk to me for a wk if we threw him a surprise party -_-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.