I think i might be in labour?**help**

edited June 2011 in July 2011
right so yesterday afternoon i started getting little pains, nthing too serious, just like lower back pain and period like cramps. But nothing i cant handle. they've been gradually getting worse although they still arnt taking my breath away, last night i only got 4hours of sleep and even then i kept having to wake up to go pee or because i was in pain, i had to go to hospital at 35weeks cos very early labour started, i was 1cm dilated wen the docs checked me and they said i had a very soft cervix, doc ended up giving me steroid injections for the babies lungs and then sending me home with pain killers and told me baby could arrive at anytime ''could be a day or could still be weeks'' were his exact words lol, anyway iv been up now for about 2hours and have had about 7/8 contractions in that time, but more in the last hour id say it seems like everytime i got to wee or move in genral its painful or causes me to have one of those small contractions but i have bigger ones wen i lie down. Can anyone give me any advise? as this is my first so dont know wht labour really feels like. Also maybe a little *tmi* but for the last 3/4 days iv been having really funny discharge its kinda like raw egg white, but it doesnt smell like anything and theres loads of it, i wasnt sure if iy was bits of mucous plug or not. any advice would be a big help :) p.s. im currently 36weeks+2days. x

Comments

• It could be very early labor, or another pre-term labor episode. I went through this last Sunday & it sounds a lot the same. I also lost some mucous the night before it happened. I would drink a glass or two of water & time how far apart they are, then call your dr's office. My midwife say's to call if I have 4 or more painful BH or contractions in an hour.
    Most likely they will tell you to A: go to L&D to get checked, or B: wait at home until they stop or get strong & frequent enough to get admitted for delivery. That depends on when your doctor decides not to stop early labor. Mine say's anytime after about 35 weeks she won't stop it unless I want her to.
    Good luck hon! :)
  • Sounds like your plug. Good luck hun sounds like you're going to have a baby within the next few days start timing those contractions if they get closer or stronger call your dr and go to l&d. Keep us updated
  • @vette_devil i really hope its not another pre-term episode lol, and iv been drinking water loads today already to see if it stopped the contractions and it hasnt.
    @camommy i think your right about the plug, i think ill wait to see how today goes and see if they get stronger or not, cos i feel a bit silly going into l&d again if its nothing cos i was there just over a week ago, im starting to think there getting bored of seeing me lol. x
  • I was in labor for a month with my daughter id have full on strong contractions was dialated to 4 (a month before her due date). I was in at least once a week they'd hook me up to the monitors and contractions would stop 1 to 2 hours later so they'd send me home finally I refused to go home when I was 9 days late made them induce so the contractions would keep going.
  • I don't blame you... I felt like an idiot when I went in because by the time my hubby got home to take me, they were almost gone. But I knew my midwife was already on her way, so I went anyway. Thankfully they showed up on the monitor & they said they could tell my uterus was "aggrivated" & that I did the right thing by going in. I felt better at that point.
    I wish you luck & hope you get some rest & relief soon! :)
  • @camommy i really hope this doesnt last a whole month lol i think that would just about kill me!
    @vette_devil ''aggrivated'' is the EXACT word they used on me wen i was in last week lol but like i said i think ill just wait to see how the day pans out, hopefully ill have my little boy in the next couple of days!

p.s. just went to the toilet again and that discharge stuff is back with a vengence i had to wipe about 10times before it was all gone lol...sorry if TMI
  • Might be things starting! Good luck hun!
  • How are you feeling this morning, Hon?
  • @vette_devil pretty much the same :-(
  • Hmmm... how strange. Have you called your doctor? I think it would be worth asking him/her what you should do. Good luck! :)
  • edited June 2011
    I missed it if you said is this your first? If so you could be at this stage for a couple of days try walking if you can sit on a excersise ball. Did you get any sleep last night
  • @vette_devil no i havnt called the doc yet i got an appointment 2moz so i figured theres no point unless it gets alot worse in the next 24hours.
    @camommy yes he is my first and iv been on my excercise ball all week lol. and no last night i hardly slept kept waking up either in pain or feeling like i needed the toilet. x
  • Sounds like you are getting close.
  • @camommy i really hope so i think the worse thing atm is probs the bad backache my mum has had 4 children and she got really bad back labour with 2 of us, she also aid he waters didnt break with any of us other the my sister (her last one) so i have no idea wht to expect...
  • My water didn't break with my first 2 don't thin it will with this one. Try sitting in a warm bath to help with the backache. How's babys movements durring contractions? Is the pain from the contraction starting in the back or in your lower tummy? Do they get stronger when you move positions durring or do they ease up a little
  • @camommy durring contractions the baby is really still but i cnt really tell cos my belly goes rock solid, but wen im not having contrations he moves about ALOT, im not sure the back and the front contract and hurt at the same time but the back pain is pretty perminate and there so much worse if i move whilst im having one... ouch :-(
  • Those sound real then. If baby moves a lot durring, pain starts in the front or they ease when you move around then they are false. Have you been timing today? Are you on a phone or comp? If you have a driod they have a contraction calc app that's pretty good
  • no havent been timing then at ll lol, and im on the comp. but i do have a droid mobile so ill see if i can find that app. thank youfor all your help @camommy
  • Anytime keep us updated
  • i will dont you worry :-D also i get too see when there going to take my stent out 2moz wen i see my doc so im really happy about that!!! @camommy
  • edited June 2011
    I'm getting excited I'm getting close but she needs to stay put for at least 3 more weeks ill be 33 weeks on tue. But my body is already starting to prep. Lots of braxton hicks very uncomfortable ones and I can feel my pelvis opening its hurting. Don't think I'm gonna make my dd or even the month
  • @camommy well hopefully we'll both go a bit earlier then were ment to lol i still got like 3 weeks and 5days till my dd but my body is apparently rareing to go! its just my baby boy who is being stuborn lol.x
  • They do that
  • lol really dont think ill have anymore after this one if there this stubborn...well might have another in a few yrs, maybe try for a little girl but i dunno yet :-D @camommy
  • I've got a son that's 11 and a daughter that is 9 and bonus baby due aug 9 we weren't planning her but I guess she planned for us. Its starting all over but I'm so excited my daughter can't wait she's arguing with her dad over who's cutting the cord my son says he's not ready yet when asked why said I don't know what to do with her when she's gets here
  • @camommy awww soo cute....maybe i'll have more lol.x
  • My doc said that your plug looks more like membrane, and that the raw egg white lookin stuff is your cervix thinning! Buthen again who knows:) i honestly know im gonna be so confused when i go into labor lol because i have no idea what it feels like :/
  • Hey sweetie just wanted to check up on you and see how you are doing. Any changes
  • @camommy bit worse today
    Got the docs in a bit. For some odd reason my hips r killing me. Think i must have slept funny on them or something. X
  • Possible but its also possible its you hips and pelvis spreading to get ready. Mine have been hurting for weeks