mil vents

After seeing so many mil vents it makes me realise how blessed I am that mine lives in Idaho and we live in Cali. My mil is a nut case and her being so far away is great. I am lucky with my husband though he will always stick up for me and tell her where to shove it when's she's being a crazy lady. I'm sorry you ladies have to deal with crazy overbearing know it all mils. Good luck stand your ground and don't let them walk all over you.

Comments

• I love that my MIL lives halfway across the country. I used to love the woman (I mean I still do, she bore and raised my husband), but now she just gets on my nerves. This is my second marriage and my first MIL was absolutely awful. I felt lucky to have such a wonderful MIL this time until last year when she decided I wasn't taking care of my kids and I was mean to her other son (who came and stayed with us while trying to enlist in the Marines and did nothing but lay around all day, yell at my kids, and eat all my food). She never said anything to me about it but she told everyone else that I was evil for being so "mean" to her slacker baby. This year she found jesus and blamed me for turning my husband into an athiest (I wish I had that much influence over him, then maybe he would put his dishes in the dishwasher and clean up every once in a while), taking him away from her etc. She has kind of gone nuts this year. My SIL tells me that she talks to jesus all the time and he talks back to her. Like she says he literally talks to her. She wants to come out to "visit" when I have this baby (due Oct. 21) but she told my SIL she wants to bring her bible and read it to my husband and my kids so they will turn to god and not go to hell (I guess she wants me to go to hell). I am happy for her if she is happy, but I do not want her here pushing religion on my kids or telling my husband, children or myself we are going to hell (especially being that pregnant or after having a c-section). So for now I am happy that she lives in the midwest (we are in Phoenix) but I do wish we had a better relationship. I like to think that my MIL is crazy, emotional, delusional (not for the religion stuff but because she doesn't think smoking or drinking are causing her heart problems) but then I think what kind of MIL am I going to be when my son gets married one day? I guess I will try to learn how NOT to act now but who knows what the situation will be in 20+ years... Good luck to you!
  • My mil has been trying to push her religion on me for 13 years even tried to have my kids blessed she even went as far to tell me how to bless a meal in my own house I ignored her and continued to do it my way