government shut down

So july 1st minnesota government will not have a budget for any state help. Which means I will no longer have medical assistance, food stamps, cash assistance (which is okay cuz my bd is working again) and I'm due the 1st!! Effin awesome minnesota you suck.
If this is offensive to you sorry but its my opinion. You can have yours and I won't argue :)
The somolians took advantage of the state funding and now everyone else is out of luck.
I'm pissed beyond words that the state is doing this to us. What are families that work hard in factories (like my bd) and going to college(like me) going to do? Thank god my baby girl can go under my bd insurence but what if she couldn't.. just ridic.
I hate minnesota

Comments

• Where did you get this information from? I thought a lot of government programs were federally funded. I'm also confused about the Somalian part. What do Somalians have to do with it?
  • Wasn't there a temporary shut down in 2005 and everything turned out okay? I also heard state provided medical assistance will likely not be effected. Mostly licensing boards hiwevee would be shut down for that time period. ???
  • *however
  • @CarrieLee :) those darn Somalians! Lol jk......
  • Also there are over 61,000 Somalian refugees. I don't think they all decided to move to Minnesota.
  • @MrsForesee no food stamps cash assistance all state funded help is getting shut down and medical assistance will only stay for certain people. And I say the things about somalians because in my area its bad. They abuse rights that we get from the state.. that's my opinion.
  • I understand what she is saying...Food assistance will continue along with Medical assistance..The cash assistance that will not be affected is refugee cash assistance. If you are on MFIP kiss your july check good bye. Refugee eat up 38% of the states budget. From housing assistance (Section 8 and low income) , food assistance, medical. They get top priority then most americans. They are ripping us off.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @4jodi the letter I got and talking to my social worker is my food stamps wiill be cancled and I might get MA just because I'm pregnant now and will have a newborn but will be lucky if I do.
  • Wowie that's messed up! I'm sorry. The world is getting to be a scary place!
  • @honeybunny yea it stinks hardcore but it won't last forever atleast!
  • How about adding those Americans who don't work or go to school not hanicapef and live 100% on government assistance .... lots of them! They are also reasons for budget problems!
  • @ghettobetty I agree with you on that, there are a lot of people who abuse the system