GRRRRR...... I guess he is an ex for a reason Kinda long

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I am 20 weeks with my 3rd this will be my husbands first and I have 2 boys from my previous marriage and we are in court going threw a custody battle that is ugly, my oldest is 7 and youngest is 5 their dad was never around until he meet his now wife and all the sudden wanted to be a dad well good for him and my kids and I am happy that he wants to be there, but he has never been to a doctor, dentist, or counseling appointment for either one of the boys I have lost jobs over having to take time off or call out because my kids are/were sick and their dad NEVER has done this. And now a court appointed evaluator says that he should get full custody of the kids(because he is getting a college education) that he can move 2 hours away and that I can see them every other weekend for not even 48 hours MY BOYS ARE MY WORLD AND I WOULD RATHER DIE THEN LIVE WITH OUT THEM. He thinks all the sudden now he can be super dad, and his bitch ass wife thinks she is my boys mom and told them before they got married that she was going to be their new mom oh hell no. I will always be their mom, no one can take that away from me no one. I know that the stress is not good for the baby I am carrying but I am so affraid of loosing my kids to an ass hole that never cared and all the sudden wants to.

Comments

• Wow, Im sorry..

Such a jerk. Good for him for wanting to be there now (at all), but to THAT extent. Have they considered you CANT go to college maybe because you HAD to provide for those kids on your own?
  • @caroline8_p I was in college and went for 2 1/2 years until I had to drop out because he was so controlling to the point that I was not able to go to study groups or anything like that the evaluator relly didnt listen to anything I said at all.
  • @2ndbutfirst I am going to bust my ass to prove it get doctors letters couseling notes and a crap load of people to testify on my behalf I am already $6,000 in with my lawyer and not sure how much more it will cost but I will sell everything I have to make sure my kids stay with me.
  • You need a good lawyer. They can't grant him full custody when the kids don't know him.
  • @one5one I am really hoping my lawyer will do a good job she is costing enough :(
  • I doubt the judge will remove the kids unless your an unfit mom and a degree doesn't determined it.
  • most(not all) judges automatically grant the moms custody. Maybe not full but the main(tired brains not finding the words I need). Def get letters and anything else u can though just in case. He sounds like an a##. I hope that everything works out well. ill keep you and ur family in my prayers.
  • I know that the laws are changing as far as custody. The judge at most would probably grant joint custody, unless you are an unfit mother. I just can't imagine the law taking children away from their mother unless there was a reason. good luck!!
  • Any good Lawyer costs. But I hope all goes well. Please update when courts done.
  • edited June 2011
    I am sickened by this. Also, go back to previous jobs and ask them for a letter of why you were laid off and call out dates and a copy of the kids drs apptmnt dates and times to help corroborate that you solely maintained their lives. Get bank statements if he never gave child support. Do everything you can to prove the non existance in their lives. Im so sorry!
  • Thank you ladies trying to keep my chin up