I CAN'T SWALLOW PILLS!, (O.o)

edited June 2011 in Health
lOl!

I know I might be a little too of age to still not know how to swallow pills, but to make a long story short, I had a bad experience years back while trying to take a Tylenol that has left this huge fear on me &nd after that; It has always been a hazard taking them, seriously.

So, do you guys have any tips or different ways that can maybe help me get these Pills down ? ? Completing these Meds. is a must &nd I've been staring at them for almost 4days now! :^/ ?

Comments

• Ummm, guess not. :( lOl Thanx anyways!,
  • edited June 2011
    well when my mom wants to make my 11 year old brother take a pill that he has to, she gets a spoon and puts a small amount of water and places the pill there and waits for it to dissolve and he drinks it.. idk maybe you can try that
    @SingleSexy1stTimeMom
  • Try eating bread or crackers with it.like chew it up then right before you swallow put the pill in and kinda mix it with the food in your mouth and swallow
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I used to not be able till I was a teenager.. I swallow weird like when I drink water I swish around so I had to learn just to gulp it down.
  • I used to be the same way until recently. I just put the pill on the back of my tongue and take a big gulp of a thicker drink (usually chocolate milk) and think of it like swallowing food. It helps to know that the lumps of food we swallow are much larger in size than the pills.
  • @Janet_2011 &nd @MyLittleBlessing , I will definitely try those two; Thanx!

@angieahrens &nd @cee808 , That's what I try to do now, but I always end up drinking the whole cup of water or juice & the pill would still be in my mouth. lOl I luck up sometimes.

@erkieshavingagirl , It sucks, but that's what happens to me also. If the pill doesn't go down fast enough, I throw it up. Gotta shake this lil fear.
  • @CarrieLee , Gulping it w/a thicker drink makes sense. If doing it w/food or dissolving fails, I'll then try that. Thanx!
  • Well I have the same isssue, what I do is I fill my mouth with water, or milk, or juice and while I have the mouthful of liquid I toss the pill in and swallow. It works with most pills unless they are the floaty kind.. but that is really the only way I can do it since I had a bad experience as well with chocking on pills
  • What I did was put the pill in a cup of water &nd it started dissolving almost immediately, &nd I drunk it all down like that. Not the tastiest, but the Pill went down w/ease. Thanx again Ladies!,

@ashleyfew , Lets hope it works! I have to take 1 everyday for 8days.
  • Half of it is mental, so just prepare yourself mentally. Once you remember the bad experience your throat tightens up. I have to make up crazy scenarios like the pill will save my life, then i take them with a huge gulp of water and it eventually happens so fast it doesn't bother me as much. But i still have trouble sometimes. And it sucks.
  • I can't swallow them either have always chewed them up or gotteb the chewable kind believe it or not they even have chewable prenatals. But if its a pill that has to be swallowed i out food in my mouth and right before i swallow i put the pill in my mouth
  • @ape7998 , I have Chewable Prenatals! lOl Smh