Baby shower drama already..

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
My stepmom asked when I first told them I was pregnant that she wanted to throw a shower. My mil is the type who always has to throw the parties/showers. Well I gave my stepmom my invite list and sent a evite today. I get a call from my mil who tells me I hurt her feelings because I put everyone on the list that she wanted to invite and now shed be embarrassed to throw a shower too. She goes on saying my parents shouldn't have invited certain friends bc they use to go to her house all the time for years.(one which I met my husband through and went to school since middle school with and the other which was the photographer of my wedding.) She then goes on telling me that everything with my parents is a competition. Uhh think its the other way around. This is my parents first grandchild and this will be my in laws fifth with my sil due three weeks after me with their sixth. I don't need this stress...my shower isn't even until August. Sorry just needed to vent!! Don't have anyone to talk to! :(

Comments

• Ugh sounds annoying! I would just explain to ur mil that u appreciate her wanting to throw u a shower but she can't dictate who ur stepmom can/cannot invite. Make sure u make it clear that this is the first grandbaby and if she can't understand then there's nothing u can do about it and that its stressing u out...mayb she'll feel bad and back off!
  • Yeah, its like a repeat of our wedding! Someone's alittle controlling! After I talk to hubby I was going to write her a very nice letter explaining my feelings. Well see. Were suppose to go over for dinner and pool tomorrow but I don't know at this point.
  • I think you just need to be upfront with her, and tell her that the shower is for the baby..and it doesnt matter who throws it or who got invited by who! All that matters is that your little baby is honored.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.