I need an apartment!

So my lease is up in Aug and I don't want to sign again because I need a 2 bedroom now :-) sadly my budget sucks and finding one is becoming really hard. I talk to my landlord because I wanted to see if i happen to find one before my lease was over if id had my deposit back and he told me yes but as long as he had my apartment rented before my lease was over which makse sense. He came to look at my apartment today to make sure it was still clean and what not and said he was going to put it on the market. I don't know what to do because I have been looking at apartments for a while now and haven't found very many in my budget. I am nervous he is going to rent my apartment before i find something else and have no where to go :-( anyone from the sandwich illinois area know of anything for rent around $700 with 2 bedrooms? I need help!

Comments

• Did you look on Craigslist?
  • I did look there everything was pretty far from sandwich. I have to find something close to here because of my boyfriends job. Plus i am in the country which makes the rent cheaper! lol
  • I don't think he'd be legally able to kick u out early if he found someone else, unless he had u sign a new agreement. Im in schaumburg, i know its kinda far but we have a 2 bedroom for 850..Id check apartmentfinder.Com or CL....Last year we were looking at houses out that way. We found a lot in earlville that was affordable which I'm pretty sure is not too far from sandwich...hope u find something, good luck!
  • Or how about somonauk, plano, yorkville?? I really liked earlville tho, its a cute country town...
  • Earlville isn't to much farther no but sadly he isn't driving right now so for me to drive that far to take him to work ( he works over nights ) either huge or with an infant is going to suck! lol I will check out those web sites and i swear i bought every paper the town has lol
  • You can also post a wanted ad on craigslist so pple will contact u if they have something available...
  • I found an apartment! Only thing my lease is up at the end of Aug. and these people want someone to move in by July 1st! I can move in by then but my land lord said that he has to have mine rented by then or i have to pay for the months that i am not here before my lease is over :-( Idk what to do now! I can't win
  • See if they will work with you to move in July 1 or maybe 15th... just a thought sometimes they will work with you
  • try rent.com and if you choose an apartment through them, then you get a $100 gift card. ive done it a couple of time.. well, I found the apt first then went to see if they were o there.