custody battels?

edited June 2011 in USA moms
So I'm 16, and the father of my baby is 18.
I have a job, am going to school, and taking care of our 2 month old. I have been paying for everything financially (with the help of my parents.) And he, and his family haven't payed for anything besides one box of diapers and wet wipes, which we all know only lasts a few weeks (for the big boxes). He honestly isn't the best Guy in the world and he doesnt have a job, his license, and he's not very responsible. He also has a bit of a criminal record.. Mya, (our daughter) lives with my parents and I 24/7. Not with his family at all, and I want to keep it That way.. my question is.. how can I insure that she will always live with me, in case there is a custody battle later on down the line?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If hes not paying anything or spending any time with her you might ask him about signing away his rights. I don't have experience in the matter but it sounds like an avenue to investigate
  • He wants to "be apart of her life" he sees her once, maybe twice a week. But doesn't help with anything at all! When She gets older its just going to be confusing for her..
  • He might get visitation, but that's a good thing, right? He won't get custody. If he's not really that interested though, and has no job, how would he pay for a hearing? I don't think you have anything at all to worry about.