How to.. add a profile pic and more

edited February 2011 in About App & Forum
Add a profile photo
Both PC and mobile: go to
http://www.pregnancythisweek.com/forum/profile/picture
PC only: press your name and then press "change my picture".

Start a new discussion
Click the upper right hand balloon while in a category or discussion overview.

Send private messages
Go to your inbox - this is the place where private conversations are stored. When you want to start a new private conversation tap the balloon in the upper right hand corner.

Refer to somebody in a post
It's the same as Twitter: use the @ character, e.g. @martin (make sure to use the exact name).

Delete a comment or a topic
You can delete a topic or a comment that you wrote when accessing the forum from a PC.

Have more forum features
A lot of extra features are available when you browse the forum on a PC. Open the browser on your PC and type http://www.pregly.com/forum

Join the Pregly Facebook page
If you want, you can now join the Pregly page at Facebook, this is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pregly/197346393624846

Abbreviations
When reading a discussion you might notice the abbreviations, here's a list
Af- aunt flow
Bfp- positive test
Bfn-negative
Ttc-trying to concieve
Bf- boyfriend
Ddc-due date club
Bd-babys dad

Comments

• Im new at dis!!!
  • Yea I def can't seem to upload from mobile....oh well
  • edited February 2011
    @Martin
    You say we can now upload a profile picture from our phone but mines still not letting me. Just letting you know. -I know you're a busy man. :)

Also, added Pregly on Facebook.
  • From my mobile it says "upload disabled!
  • Not able to upload a picture from my mobile. Help!
  • Mines worked. Yay!
  • If mobile profile picture upload won't work the only alternative currently is using a PC, I'll put a fix on the to do list, though!
  • I cant get it to work on my mobile :(
  • @BellaReust - what does it say?
  • It says upload disabled
  • edited February 2011
    @bellareust - it seems that some android phones have this feature disabled. I've googled around a bit and found that people download another browser from the market to fix this problem, it's called opera mini. if you use that browser and go to pregly.com it should work. otherwise the only alternative is using a laptop or pc..
    you can find opera here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.opera.mini.android
  • Thanks martin!!
  • edited February 2011
    @bellareust - nice photo! did you use opera to upload it?
  • I click on choose file n it doesnt do ne thing :( i wanna upload a pic but i only got internet on ny phone
  • Yay I figured it out
  • I keep clicking the file button but nothing happens am I doing something wrong
  • Finally got it
  • Thanks for sharing... have a great day ladies
  • How do I rate the site?

I have a droid no luck with the opera mini :( lol oh well who wants to see this mug anyhow?!.

... there was also a question some where in the forum as to what we would like to maybe see on the site... maybe instead of a drawing of baby something more realistic like an in the womb kind of photo. idk I find myself online all the time looking for actual photos of real babies and the developement week to week and even day to day as well.
  • @stormyparadise - I've looked into buying these realistic photos for the app, unfortunately it would costs thousands of US$ :-/
  • Oooh I see... well then you're a step ahead of me :) I can understand how that can pose a problem. Thank you for the response
  • Martin -
    Oprea mini works! I donloaded a picture. But when I went to upload it under my albums file all my pictures came up only listing image file numers like 163846282746img7362. That was just example. So I had to upload to my pregly pic to see what it was. Well I picked the wrong picture and its not a good one! Now I can't get back to the upload page to change it. Not good at all. The pic I loaded is a cruse ship that got beached on shore and it says holy s***! And the little. Kid walking by the ship is bending over to pick some thing up and says I found a dollar. Its funny but can't use on this app. Do u know what to do?
  • Ok. I was out of opera and back in pregly app that's why I couldn't change it. I wnet back into opera and its changed now. Thanks martin!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kerrideern - thanks for the idea! It's on the list, but will take some time because the list is growing. People post good ideas every day! thanks!
  • It wrkd for me but it won't let me upload a pic I took on my phone
  • how do i change my username? i went to "edit your account" but my username box is shaded gray so my cursor isn't able to get in there to delete the letters.
  • @pam - What would you like it to be? I'll change it for you
  • How do I edit my account from my phone so I can change my user name