problems with baby dad

I am 21. I live with my bf who is the babies father. About 8 months ago he told me if I ended up pregnant he would marry me before the baby came so we could be a family. Now I am about ten weeks pregnant and I was using my bc like instructed. But he now is trying to get me to have an abortion. Its just not something I believe. Infact I frown upon it deeply. Especially since it was concentual sex. Has anyone else ever been through this or can you emotionally help me through?

Comments

• I personally have not, but try to stay strong!! Don't let anyone convince you into doing anything you do not believe in or want to do. It may get hard but you will be happier in the end if you stay true to your self!
  • Thanks. I know I have to be strong its just really hard to be. I thought he was one guy and turns out he is the opposite.
  • Yes with my first child his. Father and family were trying to force me to have an abortion my son is now 13 and I would never change me keeping him. His father left and moved out of state when I was about 3 months pregnant he's never met his son he signed his rights off and so on. I can tell u if u feel strongly about keeping your baby do not allow him to talk u into it you will never forgive him. Have u had an ultrasound yet maybe try and get him to go to the appt if he sees it and hears its heart it may get him in the baby spirit good luck and remember to stay strong and know u can do this on your own if u have to I'm now married and also have a 2 year old and another on the way
  • Thanks mama nice, that is really encouraging advice. But his family doesn't know and they wouldn't want me to have an abortion. They would not be happy with him for asking me to do that.
  • Well maybe its time to tell them maybe his family can talk some sense into him he's scared and just needs to be reassured things will be great and even better because u r bringing a piece of each other into the world he's thinking his life is over no more friends no more partying yes things will change but he needs to know your lives are not over its just a new journey
  • Its time for him to grow up anyways. He is a twenty six year old man. You are so right.
  • Im goin thru the same thing im 18 weeks and the father wanted me to get an abortion but thats not something I believe in so now he doest want anything to do with my child..n I think its because their still immature and don't wanna own up to their responsibilities and d**k can make a baby but it takes a real man to take care of one keep your head up and try not to stress abt it because its not good for the baby I kno it hurts but b strong remember your not alone I struggle wit the same thing
  • Don't listen to him. He is freaked out. Sounds like he has some honesty issues too. If he can't be supportive and love his child be glad you know now and can move on if need be. It sounds harsh but I am the mother of two step sons and two of my own with one on the way. I adore them all. And a parent who is not willing to be a parent is better not being one. He may come around when he deals with his fears. But know there are plenty of people who will support you!! Don't feel alone or give up! You are about to know love like never before! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.