May travel to NYC

edited June 2011 in October 2011
So ill be 26 weeks if I do go and the trip will be about 30 hours long since we live in Texas and we would go in a bus, I don't know if were going yet but what do you ladies think, is it safe? My Obgyn said I could but that he's not 100% comfortable with the idea...

Comments

• I did an 18 hr trip at 22wks but I was in my own suv and could lay down and change positions often and we stopped every 2hours so I could get out and walk and stretch to keep blood moving. I think the biggest concern was blood clots and pooling in legs so fetus didnt get enough. The fact that your on a bus kinda scares me you don't have control over when to stop or anything. If it was me I probably wouldnt do it unless it was my own car
  • Bus = not so much potty time. We flew here in april from tx (but we moved here) and that 7+ hours was horrible for me.
  • @Laurenmarie729I Thanks, Yea the fact that's it on a bus isn't too exciting for me either I mean I can't be like "Can you stop preggers here needs to walk"
  • edited June 2011
    @Caroline8_p I hadn't even thought of that ur right I pee like every freakin hour now...
  • What do you wanna come here for?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Caroline8_p Just to Vacation and get to know Nyc and theirs a group of friends doing it and my mom and sisters decided to go too so I was like I want to go too but I have to be realistic...
  • I was suppose to head to NY in July but it is way to close to my due date so my doctor scratched that idea. I will make the trip to NYC next april when the little guy is a little older. I have friends and family in NY. But mainly his god mother will be out there and "needs" to see him. haha. Actually more of an excuse for me to head to where my heart is. I love NYC!!!
  • edited June 2011
    @lilbabythree I know I want to go but I'm kind of in the middle of wether its ok or not I've always wanted to go!
  • @mshahir True and then I'm the type that can't sit for too long either I get too ansi
  • If you want to go I would go but I would suggest flying and meeting them there. It is going to be hard to do when you are prego. Things to consider, where are you going to sleep? what are you going to eat? Bathroom? entertainment? (i guess you always have pregly if you have it on your phone) Can you sit that long. At 20 weeks could sit for 5 hours at a time. But 30 weeks I couldnt sit for longer then an hour with out my feet falling asleep or getting restless. So things to consider. It would be fun. But a heck of a lot more fun if you werent prego and you could enjoy some of the drinks and eating when your not pregnant because you wouldnt be as fussy with smells, tastes and the confort level, what you can and cant eat. Just to much to consider. It is awonderful place though.
  • Thanks ladies my husband wasn't too excited either for me to go since I'm pregnant but if we don't go this year he promised me we can go maybe next year but then again ill have a 1 year old and that kinda scares me:/
  • My family and i just went to Disney and i was 24 week we flew and the whole vacation was alot on me!!! I was happy to get home