She dyed my hair the wrong color :( What should i do?! (not pregnancy releated)

So I was a blonde, like Jennifer Aniston blonde and I wanted to go darker more like Gisele Bundchen. My hair us now like a medium/reddish brown with no highlights at all. She said it would fade to the color I wanted, but I'm not happy. What should I do?

Comments

• Wait 2 weeks and if you still don't like it buy a box color.
  • Wait it out but remember no amonnia based hair dyes. Also buy A hair lightner and use that c
  • Go back and ask for it to be redone. You paid for it you should get what you wanted not what she wanted to do that day. If she wont work with you then ask to speak to her manager. Dont settle otherwise it is a waste of your money.
  • I'm not sure if this is the case but I know I've been told by many hairdressers (and when I took cosmetology classes in hs) that all the extra hormones you have while your pregnant can cause your results to be different with hair color or perms. So idk if she used the wrong color or if that's just the way your hair reacted. I'm sorry your not happy with it though :( and hopefully you can get it how you want!
  • Go back to the salon and have her fix it. Or get your money back so you can go somewhere else. If she's a good stylist (like me ;)) she should have no problem fixing it or refunding your money.
  • @rawsky I checked before I went and they don't use ammonia based products, thankfully. Ugh. The wait is going to kill me. I really look pretty awful with auburn hair :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That was supposed to be the wink face ;) lol
  • @starrxoxo9 what should I say? I don't want to make her feel bad or be upset with me.
    @marinewife good point! I didn't think about the hormone thing!
  • @soon2bmomof2under2 ok...I mean no ill will when I say this...but why do you care if you make her upset? You paid for a service that she did not provide. You were very clear as to which celebrity you wanted your hair like..if she didnt think she could accomplish that task then she shouldnt have started it. You deserve to have exactly what you paid for. And if you think she wont be able to fix it then tell the manager that! Be strong Lady!
  • Why should you be upset and she get paid for doing something wrong?
  • Wait 2 weeks since you were a blonde your hair went through some, call them or go and tell me to fix it after 2 weeks at no charge or get ur money back
  • she probably would need to voice her concern now, and then let them schedule her for 2 weeks out...that way they dont claim that it looks that way because of hard water, or wrong shampoo etc...
  • Just be honest with her. Tell her exactly why you don't like it and what you expected it to look like. DEFINITELY bring a picture, so theres no miscommunication. It happens to all hairstylists one time or another, so like I said, if she's a good stylist she will understand and be more than happy to help you so you will remain her client in the future.
  • edited June 2011
    @ashley_smashley I get what you are saying. She's just so nice and always does a great job...I don't want her to take it personally.

I think I'm going to call her. Ugh...I just don't know what to say and Im worried that it might have been my hormones or maybe I didn't communicate what I wanted well enough...ugh. Ok, so help me out ladies what should I say? When I do go back, I don't think she'll charge me,do I tip her?

I'm anxious to get it fixed because I have an event to go to Friday night...@marabel is two weeks a standard time to wait between color?
  • If she charges you, don't ever go back to her. Only tip if you feel like she deserves one, she shouldn't expect one. Just tell her your not happy with the shade or tone of the color, because even if you let it fade, its still gonna be a reddish color, and probably more so. From what I understand you didn't want any red right? She must have mixed something wrong or used the wrong color. Also, if it was hormone related, only your roots would be a funky color. Good luck!
  • I would make her change it. I had the same thing happen (not when I was pregnant ) and went back the next day. They tried to make me pay them again and I threw a fit so they even threw in a $50 gift card to me :)
  • @starrxoxo9 I sure hope she doesn't charge me! I already pay way too much to get it done by her! Yeah, I didn't want red, but I never told het that I just said that I wanted a beach look like Gisele...brown with the natural looking blonde hightlights. I told her I wanted dimension, not one color.

Ok, here I go...phone call time! I'll let you know what she says :)
  • Keep us posted! I'm curious to see what she says