Epidural Vs. Natural poll

edited June 2011 in Giving birth
Ok, so how many women have gone into labor with the mindset that they will not get an epidural but ended up getting one?
How many have said they were not sure but didn't really want one and ended up getting one?
How many wanted one but didn't get one?
Why?
Did you regret your decision or were u glad?

Comments

• Wanted one got one. Afraid I won't get to the hospital in time with this one. . . I have really fast labor
  • I had two ten pound babies and never had one LOL .. the IV drugs they have now days are miracle drugs
  • I just found out that the iv drug is a form of morphie....doc told me.....n tht affects baby n epi doesnt since it goes through spine..... I now want neither.... But I no its gonna hurttttt
  • @momma2of4 that's what I want! Just the IV drugs lol. No one is going near my back with a huge ass needle! Lol
  • ooh, I didn't know that :-/ ugh
  • Got one with all 5 and plan on getting one with this one too!
  • I hoped to go natural, but got the epi after 15 hours of back labor. My baby was 9lb 4oz!. I don't. Regret it at all; it helped me get through a tough first labor & we were both perfectly fine & healthy afterwards.
    But I do hope to go natural this time... I just won't regret it if I need the epi again. :)
  • Wanted and epidural and got one. Will be getting an epidural this time was well. I don't want to be one of those woman who go in with the intention of having natural birth and then insist on getting an epidural because the pain is unbearable just to be told it's too late and then have to end up going through so much pain.
  • Didn't want one with both my kids and didn't get one. Same for this baby hopefully
  • Had one with my daughter, the epi wad horrible for me. Had a few reactions to it. Plan on natural with this one. If women did it all natural back in the day, why shouldn't we be strong enough to now.
  • Wanted it both times and got it but the second time was a waste because when I got it put in I had to start pushing already lol

@beaded_bunny same here..I'm afraid I'm gonna give birth in the car
  • Epidural!!
  • 1st babe wanted natural, got it.
    2nd babe wanted natural, changed mind, too late..got my natural
    3rd wanted and got epi.
    This baby due Saturday, gonna ask for epi if back labor is too intense.
  • I got the iv drugs with both pregnancies... the first time it work wonders but the second time (different hospital) it didn't work at all just made me sleepy with all the pain... but I def didn't want an epi
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had planned on not having one with my first and wanted it on way to hospital cause pain was BAD but didn't have time labor was only 59 mins so now that I know I can do it natural I will not be getting one with this labor either! :)
  • @beaded_bunny I am really scared I won't make it I also have quick labor and barely made it there with my first!
  • I plan on no drugs. No needles at all, unless I need the anti biotics for that bacteria strep whatcha.ma.call.it lol. I'll let you know in 4 weeks how that goes :)
  • I never got any pain meds. 3 live births no pain meds. I have wondered what the meds are like though but probably won't get an epidural next time either ;)