When should I???

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
Make a registry after I find out what my baby is on the 1st? Ps im due nov 21 but plan on having my babyshower early to mid sept. Also when do you send out invites?

Comments

• I made my registry around 12 weeks but that was mostly because I was bored one day. Must of the stuff didn't have anything to do with gender so it was easy and fun. I did mine on Amazon. For any event, I go by the rule that invitations should go out 6-8 weeks in advance.
  • @blueberrysmom haha ok! Im just gonna do mine at target and babys r us! And 6-8 weeks really? Thats not to soon people wont forget?
  • I planned events for a living for years and that was always the rule. For personal stuff I think six weeks is fine. I tend to use e-vites for most things now and I love it because you can keep track and they automatically send a reminder email. Plus, no postage. Back in the day I thought it was tacky but now I love it. Also, it gives people time to save for your super awesome expensive gifts! Lol!
  • @blueberrysmom soooo true haha but I will prob mail mine!
  • @blueberrysmom soooo true haha but I will prob mail mine!
  • It's a little easier to do the registry after you know the gender, but I did all the basics before I knew I'm having a boy. I went to Babies R Us and scanned everything I liked or thought I'd need.
  • @VictoriaB Well I plan on doing it the day I find out the sex!
  • Woohoo! It's pretty fun! I went back with my husband who hates retail stores to complete the registry and he had fun with it too!
  • I registered for items like 2wks (as soon as I had the time) after I found out what we were having. It makes picking out items easier once you know the gender of your little bundle of joy :-) There's nothing wrong with you having your shower like a few mos early. I'm due Sept 18, but my shower is July 9. Nowadays, there should be no rule for "when" to set a baby shower. It's all up to what works for you! :-) I sent out "save the date" texts like 2mos before my shower & then sent out actual custom made & email invites a month before the shower. Make sure to include an RSVP date too! :-) My RSVP date is a week before my shower & I just sent out an RSVP text to everyone a day before the RSVP date hehe
  • i did my registry yesterday n im due oct 23 im planning ti have my baby shwer the second or thurd week in aug. but im definitly editing my ist since i dnt noe the gender of my baby yet