Surgery this week...need prayers please. Update....

I am scheduled to have surgery for Incompatent Cervix on Friday and an over night stay in the hospital. I am so worried about the whole idea of all of the drugs getting to my baby. My doctor says the only risk is my water breaking and delivery...really at 13 weeks how can you say the only risk. Please pray for my baby and me.

On the way to the hospital now. Surgery scheduled for 12:30. Thanks for the prayers!

Comments

• praying..
  • Prayers comin your way!
  • Prayers your way!
  • you're welcome :)
  • Be strong hun. Praying for u! :)
  • I had the same surgery twice. My first was an emergency and my second was back on May 12th. I am almost 20 weeks and everything is going great. After the one in June I experienced a lot of cramping and even some blood/ tissue when I went to the restroom. Sorry tmi. But everything looks great and the baby and I are great. As for the emergency cerclage I have a very healthy 9yr old son. Everything will be fine just remember to rest and drink lots of water. The water really helps the uterus from contracting. I hope this helps and good luck!!!
  • @kls11811 Thanks I will take that advice to heart. I had an emergency one in 1999 at 19 weeks but I was in the hospital and stayed there for 8 weeks. Glad to hear everything is going good for you! I hope I have good luck. Do you work or are you a stay at home mom?
  • I work from home so lucky that I can lay in bed with my lap top if need be. So far I was only on bed rest the 2 weeks after my cerclage. Good luck today. prayers are with you!!!
  • edited June 2011
    @Babynewyear2012 Good luck I have a cerclage as well I'mon bedrest I was 16wks wen I got it I'm now 32wks n I'm soo happii for bcus she's over 3lbs n growing probably but it was hard getting were I am Today I thank God for bringing me close as possible I have it removed n 5more weeks I hope she stays put til den...
  • @kls11811 It has been 4 days since surgery. I am at home on bedrest and have had alot of vomiting and cramping. I am not sure if it is contractions but not sure if it is normal. Did this happen for you?