ugh! wives! --- just needing to vent.

edited June 2011 in Military moms
Hey ladies.
I have got to blow off some steam to some women who understand.
My husband is Navy on a fast attack sub. He is on deployment right now and our ombudsman has been withholding the boats schedule because she doesn't want a select number of wives to have the "privilege" of knowing any information. We've had a few wives complain to squadron and no results. :/ They have even agreed that what she is doing is not justified and that they have given her the 'ok' to share the schedule with us at our monthly meetings... h
I am 26 weeks pregnant and homecoming is just shy of my edd.
I found out this morning, through facebook, that the boat had pulled into a port... and of course i see nothing but how happy everyone is because they've gotten to hear from their husbands... well, its been 15 hours since the first joyous post and i've yet to receive anything but text messages reading, "have you talked to your hubby yet?! I just got off the phone with _____". REALLY?
Im just so darn irritated that these are the women im surrounded by. They're online posting things about their location and how kong they'll be there... i wish it wasn't vital for survival in the military to be actively involved with the other boat wives. Unfortunately its all about politics, and right now, i feel like im working with some of the most uneducated, immature and insensitive women...

That felt great to get out. :)

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Lol Good luck. we are heading to our first duty station after 2yrs of training in july.
  • :( Other wives can be such a pain. And clearly they aren't concerned about the safety of information or the crew. I would bring this up at your next meeting. Just because we are privy to some info does not mean the public is! Grrr...now I'm irritated for you! I'm an Air Force wife and I make it a point to stay educated about what I am supposed to know or allowed to know, but I definitely don't go broadcasting that info.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reality is be safer, than sorry. He may not have contacted you yet because he is still on a mission and has not been debriefed. It happens. Personally I wouldnt tell where I was, when I was deployed, b/c those men and women were my bros and sis's and its just to dangerous to disclose that to anyone. YES even to wive, for the very reason of facebook and unsecured calls.
  • SORRY... dangerous to *them and I to*
  • Technically one is permitted to reveal the location while they are in port. Its opsec, the unclassified information that people don't care about. So just because were allowed to say it they do.
    Bringing up at the next meeting win do much. :( i made a note about the ombudsman... she's a whole different character.

I have yet to hear from the husband. And im sure it has nothing to do with being debriefed as he's been done with missions for a few days.
    Im so frustrated and at this point its been almost 24 hours since he has been on land and i am almost angry.

Not much I can do though... it would be much better if i could sleep!
  • That always happened to me when my husband was in port. I was friends with a lot of girls who were married to sailors who had a lot of down time while out to sea. Whereas, my husband hardly had enough time to eat and sleep, which meant when he was on land, it would be a while before I heard from him. He told me that he just needed a break to relax before he stood in another long line to use a phone to call... Im assuming your husband is doing the same thing, either that or he's still working. I hope that's why he hasn't contacted you yet.. just try to relax and know he loves you.
    About the girls posting on fb their location.. you'll never run into girls who don't do that, its so common and their really isn't anything you can do. As long as they aren't posting dates or future locations.. and I noticed it only bothered me the most when I hadn't heard from my husband and everyone else had..

I hope you hear from him soon, and I hope you resolve the issues with your ombudsman. And I hope you husband returns home soon and in time for the birth of your baby. Good luck.
  • That always happened to me when my husband was in port. I was friends with a lot of girls who were married to sailors who had a lot of down time while out to sea. Whereas, my husband hardly had enough time to eat and sleep, which meant when he was on land, it would be a while before I heard from him. He told me that he just needed a break to relax before he stood in another long line to use a phone to call... Im assuming your husband is doing the same thing, either that or he's still working. I hope that's why he hasn't contacted you yet.. just try to relax and know he loves you.
    About the girls posting on fb their location.. you'll never run into girls who don't do that, its so common and their really isn't anything you can do. As long as they aren't posting dates or future locations.. and I noticed it only bothered me the most when I hadn't heard from my husband and everyone else had..

I hope you hear from him soon, and I hope you resolve the issues with your ombudsman. And I hope you husband returns home soon and in time for the birth of your baby. Good luck.
  • Post under their facebook stuff: "REMEMBER OPSEC!" That is really dangerous not to mention just plain dumb. I know they are excited and happy but that is just no excuse.
  • Thanks ladies!!
    I finally heard from him. He had duty the day thy pulled in and the line for the phone was ridiculous so he waitied until he had liberty to buy a prepaid phone.

I hope everything with the ombudsman gets fixed soon! I think i may start sayig something along those lines about opsec.
    Thanks you all for the support!