BD said he's going to leave me if i dont name our son after him...help.plz

So, does this mean I would be making the right choice by not naming my son after him & kicking him to the curb? & he says I'm being selfish, even though I was going to let him pick a name that we BOTH could agree on ;( he makes me feel like crap! All he does is make me stress ;(

Comments

• Is he serious?! What a dick!
  • Just curious...do you hate the name or just the fact that he's forcing the issue, which I totally understand. What's the name?
  • I'm so sorry girl! That is unbelievable. The name of your son shouldn't effect the relationship between you and your bd. You should try and talk to him. But don't name your son something you could regret later.
  • @blueberrysmom yeah he's serious, I honestly cannot believe he said that to me, he said women weren't put on this earth to make decisions, the only thing we're suppose to do is make men happy. I have no.idea where any of this is coming from. I feel like all of a sudden I dnt even know him, & we've been together almost 5yrs. He says I have no right to name my son...& honestly, I don't even have to give my kiddo his last name bcuz we aren't even married, he doesn't believe in marriage ;(
  • He sounds like a chauvanist(sp?) And a total pig. Your job on this earth is not to make him happy. If he's gonna be like that now imagine him down the road. And also do you really want him to teach your son that digusting attitude towards women?
  • Honestly if he's serious about that, he's going to eventually leave you over something else just as ridiculous.
  • Yea I would definitely do him one up and just leave him! That's just wrong!
  • @blueberrysmom the fact that he's forcing it..he keeps telling me I have no right to name my son & has started to constantly talk.down on me. & BD's name is John Paul Rodriguez 3rd
  • edited June 2011
    Oh! In that case you should thank him for showing you his true colors now because I think it might be time for you to move on. He sounds insane, to be honest.
  • Ouch he cannot lay down demands on a child who will want to be individual and if he really loves you he will respect your decision on the name
  • Wow that sounds like he is controlling. You should name the baby something you both agree on. And he sounds like he talks to you the way he treats you which isnt very pleasant. if he is going to leave you over that then let him walk. It is his loss and you dont need your son to see that and treat you the same way.
  • .. I think its more of a cultural respect type of thing. He is the 3rd. If this is his first son, I understand if he wants to name his son after all the great men in his life. I do agree he went about it the wrong way, but you know men do not know how to express their feelings like we do.
  • My husband said the same thing if we were having a boy it would be George I said hell no he then said we will get a divorce then and I said ok bye!!! We ended up having a girl but I would of kicked his ass out men can be such dicks at times
  • Then do u really want your son to have the same name as him anyway???? If he's that type of person I wouldn't even consider it....my husband want to name our son after him ..I said no and kept giving him other options.....we finally agreed on one! If I were you I wouldn't name my son after such an ass!
  • I can definitely see how, with him being a 3rd, it would be important for him to carry on the tradition and make his the 4th. At least it's a good, solid name and not something nutty. It sucks that he's trying ultimatums with you to get his way...if he hasn't been this way to you before the name issue came up, maybe he just can't think of a better way to get you to understand how important it is to him. It's wrong that he's talking to you like that and if you think the relationship is doomed anyway, I wouldn't give in, but if it's a relationship you want to keep...maybe try and see it from his point of view.
  • Well stand ur ground! Don't let machismo get in the way. Grow some muscle and tell him "you do what'cha gotta do" he sees too many weaknesses in you that most likely he thinks he can get away with it. So if you Are not married, ditch the man place him on child support and find another man. I hope ur not his slave. U have the right to give him options. Otherwise he Was not meant to be with you. I hope he can still be a. Good father though.
  • Men should be glad a woman is actually giving them a child. Cuz some women just have abortions.
  • Well I think putting such an ultimatium on a name is stupid. I can see where passing on the name may be important to him, however his other actions are completely uncalled for. I mean the attitude against women is gross (to me) and I don't know if I would want my son to have an influence like that. I named my first son after his dad so he is a third but he would have gone with any other name either.. I'm sorry your being put in this situation and I hope you think about what this means for you and your son
  • thats annoying.. ugh.. if you dont want to name him that .. then dont.. ultimately its actually the woman that signs all the babies papers and names the baby.. just saying.. i would do what i want and if he leaves you hes an idiot.. and you will surely find someone who will treat you better than that.. ewe his attitude is ugly.. ick.. sorry girl.. my honey and i are on our third boy and people suggested we name this one after him but.. uh its our third.. kinda tacky if you ask me.. lol
  • Id kick his ass to the curb and tell him Ull name your baby what ever u damn well please.
  • Honey if he would leave you over something that stupid ..I don't even want to begin to imagine what else he would leave you for...
  • @Moroccanmexicanbaby he wanted me to get an abortion for the first couple of months. I wasn't trying to get pregnant, I was on birth control(depo) & we always used condoms. I found out when I went to follow up with my birth control shot that I was pregnant. Not one second did I think of aborting my child. I saw it as a sign, if I got pregnant through birth control & condoms, this baby is meant to be
  • Whoa.....hell no. He must not really want to be with you if he said that over something juvenile.wtf!
  • edited June 2011
    He sounds like he's just really passionate about continuing on with family name and pulling unnecessary comments out of his a** to make a case...which only makes him sound like a d-bag.

Just do what you want and name him whatever you please. If he's REALLY that immature and selfish...then let him leave you for it. He can't force you or threaten you into naming him anything you don't want...and don't let him get away with that! Tell him that YOU are going to leave him for being an insensitive, immature, d-bag! My guess is they are empty threats and he's just being a brat.
  • Whoa.....hell no. He must not really want to be with you if he said that over something juvenile.wtf!
  • Give him an inch it'll be a mile. It sounds like hes using the fact that you love him loosely and as an advantage. Today its this, tomorrow it'll be 'cook me pancakes and eggs butt naked or I'm leaving you' lol but you get the point.. he doesn't think you'll actually say 'leave then' and the thing is.. if he had been genuine about it, and told you that it'd really mean a lot to him if you named him that, then I would say giirl do it! Lol but because he wants to be an insane sexist asshole.. I say get out. Even if its just to teach him a lesson.
  • I wouldn't stay with him. Please take care of you and baby above all else!
  • What an ass, thats so not right.... gve him the boot, he'll get it... if not he aint worth it.....
  • Tell him there's the door don't let it hit him in the junk on his way out
  • edited June 2011
    He sounds like he's freaking out the closer the due date is. Being a parent is scary. But he's obviously an idiot. I NEVER let a man tell me what's what. I wear the pants in my relationship mostly, but it's about compromise. I always think this way: do I want my son growing up to think this is how women should be treated? If you think yes, by all means, stay with the guy...but if your answer is no, you need to leave him. It WON'T get better after the baby is born.