best pacifiers for newborns

edited June 2011 in Equipment & Supplies
From experience what brand or types of pacifiers are all you preglys using for your newborns? Just trying to get an idea of where I should be headed

Comments

• I use to be against pacifiers. My first son never used one. Second one I used a nuk for a few months cause I was scared of Sids. With this lol girl I'm gonna try tomme tippe pacifiers cause those are the brand of bottles ill use after breastfeeding
  • Planning on using avent.
  • I bought like 4 different brands just in case she didn't like one or the other in the end she only likes the one they gave is at the hospital
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks guys :) I get overwhelmed when I look in that isle at the store. There are so many of them. I've bought a few different brands and types, mostly of which you guys mentioned lol.

I considered not using one but my sister tried that with my nephew and that lasted all of about a week.
  • Nuk orthodontic ones! They resemble your nipple the closest. They also have a new nuk pacifier the reduces the risk of SIDS.
  • my son didnt like the nuks or anything else for that matter but i am sticking with the first years which is what the hospitals usually give out. its the blue generic looking ones however they have purple and pink now along with green for different ages.
  • My baby will only take a soothie. Its so big and bulky. The nicu got her attached to it and that's all she wants.
  • I only use the brand the hospitals use,,,soothie,, my daughter loved hers
  • I used avent with my first, planning on using them again!