Baby showers...who gives em?

edited February 2011 in Baby showers
Is someone supposed to throw you a baby shower, or are you supposed to throw your own. I did my own last time, but this time I thought someone would do it for me. Not gonna happen, and I'm angry. Am I expecting to much from my family and friends for my fourth and final child?

Comments

• My stepmom is doing mine cuz my mom lives too far away but she'll be back for the birth
  • It would be nice for them to throw you one but if not just have somebody help you
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah my in-laws don't all like me, and my family are not supportive of my marriage. don't have many good friends. Just sucks because I'm there for everyone no matter what, even hubby dont want to give me one and he knows I really want to have one. Oh well...
  • My best friend from throughout our lifetime is throwing mine, most likely alongside both of our mothers. Its my first so yayyy.

OP I can see both sides, maybe your family expected you to throw one for yourself since you threw the last one, however I can see your side too; you'd like someone to throw you one since you did the last one. Maybe ask someone who would see it as honoring that you asked them :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm having my 2nd and throwing my own shower. I didn't even get a shower for my first. But this is your 4th, some people don't even believe in doing baby showers after your first. Since you did your last, people are going to assume you're going to do the next. Maybe hint it on that you wanna do one and would like help and suggestions from your family.
  • My friends are throwing me one early sometime in the next 2weeks because im moving out of state.
  • I have a feeling that a few of my high school girlfriends are planning one in secret, but i cant be sure....it's my first, so i really want to have a baby shower for my little papi :) generally, i think showers should be thrown for you, not by you (just my opinion....and it's always better when other people plan your shower because then, you are guaranteed to get spoiled, lol) idk....i just like the whole idea of someone doing one for me.....kinda hint at friends and family that you want one, and i'm pretty sure that SOMEBODY will be just dying to help you out....
  • It might b a little bettr if u throw it bcuz u kno wat u like better than anyone else. As bad as my mom n sis in law want to throw it, im going to plan it bcuz i like wat i like n want it to b perfect
  • My mom and my best friend are getting together n planning it..of course ill be helping with some of the cost
  • MY best friend is throwing mine. This is my 3rd baby. So it doesnt necessarily matter how many kids u have. Plus mine r spaced apart. So thats y my bestie is doing it.
  • With my son a few friends from work gave me a surprise shower at work and then a few friends got together and gave me another one outside of work. Between the two my son had everything he needed. With this one I know they are already planning one at work again. I am due may 14 but I think the shower is planned for sometime in march. I'm pretty sure they are going to make the date a surprise. Or at least try...... between my parents and my mother in law we will have everything we need for this baby.
  • My bff and god mother are throwing me one. This is my 2nd child but 10 yrs apart.
  • I heard that you shouldn't have one after your first because its to "shower" the mother with gifts and by the time you have 4 kids you should have all the stuff you need. You could google "baby shower ettiquette" ... I think a lot of people think its rude to ask for presents four times. At least that's what I was taught...
  • I think fam or friends should organize a shower... U can not organize ur own party, games, food etc... by partytime you will be soooo exhausted...

*Im having a bigggg one at by co-workers
    * My friend is organizing one for me
    * My neighbors another one!!
    *Anither close friend anither one!!

Im sooooo Blessed!!
    i would love a diaper shower.....cant be picky...lol
  • This is my third child and I have thrown all 3 of my showers for myself
  • I have 3 girls and I am having a boy this time, so I have nothing for this baby except the few things I bought. They know I want one, guess they don't think enough about me give me one, except when theu need something from me. Oh well, I just won't extend myself anymore.
  • No baby shower for me. :( all my fam are in Hawaii and I'm with my bf in Florida. :(
  • I agree w/ scbelcher, its what I was taught too. Maybe you can have a girlie get together to celebrate you blessing instead of a baby shower. Just a thought.
  • When do u have a baby shower? How many weeks.?
  • I have 2 girls a 3 yr old and a 13month old I didn't have a baby shower for my youngest since I still had my oldest daughters stuff but now with this pregnancy I want one I feel that all the baby stuff I have is almost 4 Yrs old and wore out after 2 kids but my family is like I don't need one if I'm pregnant with another girl... what do u guys think I really want one LOL
  • This is my 3rd pregnancy n im having one. Its my husband n I first child together. Were planning it but family on both sides r helping out. I think as long as ur willing to help out u can have as many as u want.
  • My mom nd her cousin our throwing me one here wit my family nd I helpd out I wrote out the invites and sent them nd they pretty much just ask me wat kinda theme nd food I want! Then my bestie is throwin me one in ks for friends. Im excited this is my first child nd im glad I dnt have to worry bout showers cuz I gey stressed easily.