today was so amazing! y cant i just enjoy my happy prego moments? long

edited June 2011 in Depression
As some of u know I got great news at the Dr's office today. Well I got to enjoy it for all of about 2-3 hours. 1st a friend calls me to inform me that a high school friend of our attempted to hang himself last night. He was found still alive and rushed to the hospital where he was placed on life support and earlyer today pronounced brain dead. He has a beautiful 4 yr old daughter who he has always talked about with nothing but love who thinks the world revolves around him. Now his own parents are having to make the choice to take him off life support n all I can think is how could he Do this to her?!?

Then my mother informs me that she will be on vacation at a lake 6 hours away when my Dr is predicting that our son will be born. And she actually says to me "do I cancel my vacation n loose my money or stay here?" All I could tell her was to go.

Then to top everything off I find out my uncle who has had his foot removed due to a sever infection is now back in the hospital because he is no longer sleeping and seeing things and just plain going crazy. He is diabetic and they are no longer sure exactly what's going on. But he is nit responding to sleeping meds.

So now I'm stuck feeling bad for being so happy. Plus my baby shower is Saturday n my family is all leaving to be with my uncle for the weekend. He lives several hours away. Why is it that such an amazing day can turn so crappy. N my dad is now calling and my husband flat out said no speaking to him, he always calls with bad news.

Comments

• :( im sorry all this is going on on your happy day..
  • @Karla_with_a_K thank u. I feel selfish for being upset but I'm tired of bad news.
  • I know. Thats gotta be tough, especially comin all at once.. May I.ask what you good news was ? :D
  • @Karla_with_a_K - what we were thinking last night was kidney issues is actually back labor. I'm only 34 weeks but I'm dilated just over 1cm n 30% effaced. So we gotta get threw the next two weeks n our Lil man is clear to come at any time. My Dr. Believes hell be here within 3 weeks. :-D
  • Yay! Thats very exciting. im due july 16 but prayin he comes a week or 2 early :D I go to dr friday so hopefully ive made some progress. Ive been at 1cm since 34 weeks.. Ill be 37 on sat
  • O wow! Baby dust to you!!! That's what I figure will happen to me. I'm excited and ready for him to be here n he'll probably decide to come late.:) LOL @Karla_with_a_K