How am i supposed to sleep?

edited June 2011 in Sleep
I'm eight weeks, one day and I normally sleep on my belly. I've been trying to sleep on my side but its so hard! Lol I've always slept in one position. Can it affect my baby this early?

Comments

• me too, well i sleep like half on my belly half on my side. i was scared i was smashing the baby but on here i read it was fine to sleep on ur belly. i sleep with one pillowin front of my belly so i can half lean on it so i'm not completely flat on my belly. and one pillow in between my legs...
  • No...you can sleep on your belly as long as your comfortable ...i sleep on mine till around 17 ish weeks..cus i started to get big...i can still do it now...its just weird
  • U sud still b ok! Enjoy that & ur back while it last... ill b 24 weeks Sat & my DR just told me to stop sleeping on my back so all i have left are my sides... IM MIS-RE-ABLE! My arms are so sore i cry when i wake up at times & none of the body pillows wrk... IDK wat to do anymore :( ... Enjoy!
  • I'm 26w and I usually wake up on my belly
  • As long as you're comfortable and it doesn't make your tummy feel weird, you're just fine! I've always slept on my back, so sleeping any other way feels like torture! I was 16 weeks pregnant before I started adjusting my habit; I put a body pillow behind me and used it to prop myself up on my side, very slightly...I still wake up on my back, just about every morning.

I would suggest putting a pillow under your tummy for some support around 16 weeks, if you're still sleeping on your tummy.!
  • edited June 2011
    I'm 37 wks n I sleep half on side n half on belly. She moves outta the way for me. Lol
  • I'm 27 weeks and my back is killing me each morning. I sleep on my sides with body pillow no help. It sucks!