NO CLOTHES

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
ppl always bring clothes for gifts for babyshowers.. so i thinking of putting on the invite not to bring clothes i just have to figure out how to word it but yea.. im thinking this will help get ppl to bring other things i need because i know im going to have enough clothes between ppl giving me clothes they dont need from their babies and my mom stepmom and grand ma buying me clothes already i should be good

Comments

• We r going to do that as well. we put "no clothes please"... I'll See how that works out n about a month
  • No harm in just explaining that you have lots. Or what I did was ask for gift receipts 'in case things don't fit' so I can exchange for something else I need/want.
  • Yeah I agree nothing wrong with saying "no clothes please" on the invite....half the time people don't know wat to bring at a baby shower anywayz so that will help them out...and I don't know bout you but my friends aren't the type to check registrys :( but its nice to have that option..
  • @rckprincess2 same here my baby shower isn't until 8/6/11

@natashalynn thats a smart idea as well i thought about doing that with the diapers(im dong a diaper raffles) so i dont get all of the same sizes

@new2_this yea i have the registries as well but i dont think everybody will check it so i thought i just add that on there so that even if they dont get exactly what i need i know it wont be thing i dont need ..

I just feel that if i say no clothes please since i have enough then it would encourage them to buy other things even if its not on the registry
  • I'm also putting "no clothes please" on my invites. I want to dress my son in stuff that I like. Plus I'm worried that people will only buy newborn size clothes and I'd end up with 15 newborn onesies and nothing else! I'd rather get a baby bath or a stroller than a onesie with a dumptruck on it! Babies R Us gave me barcode cards with my registry info on them. I'm guessing they can go to the store and scan the card there to figure out what to get. Hopefully it works out!
  • My anut put baby has more than enough clothes diapers instead of clothes please
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @VictoriaB thanks and i hope all works out for you as well

@LMelanson lol thats exactly why im putting that on there .. because ive already had ppl offer to give me stuff they don't need anymore and my ppl who already told me they want to buy me clothes.. so i know i wont need anymore so for the baby shower im just going to let them no i have more than enough clothes

@praying4our3rd thank you :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I also think saying "baby's wardrobe is complete" is much better than "no clothes please" which I think would turn off some people.
  • I agree with @carrielee that sentence seems more friendlier.
  • @gatorbob @CarrieLee @Jaime77 and thank you guys i was looking for suggestions on how to say it and i like the way you put it thanks again
  • "No clothes please" or "Preferrably no clothes" in a cute, fun way on the invite :-)
  • yea i was thinking about putting like they said about "the baby's wardrobe is complete" .. thanks ;-)