Ultrasound question?

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
So I got my ultrasound last week and they told me I was 8 wks and 2 days. The nurse measured the baby more than once though and each time it said a different day amount. How can you tell exactly how far along you are? Like how precise are the ultrasound dates?
Hopefully that made sense to you guys =] lol

Comments

• Yeah mine too, first u/s was 31/7 then 28/7 and then 27/7, Im taking the latest one as a guide.... ;-)
  • Yeah its confusing! I guess ill have to wait until the next one to compare.
  • They just pick the biggest measurement cause bub csnt be smaller na give ud that date but yeah close date is better than no date
  • Yes very true. I just wished I had a more precise date so I could figure out when I conceived baby.
  • Yea...the farther you are into the pregnancy, the harder it is to initially date the baby.....the size of baby is really hard to get because of the whole development issue.....the measurements aren't as precise, so they really can't tell....my first edd was april 30, but when i went in for the first actual u/s, they told me may 4, and then they said may 5.....count 2 weeks from the last menstrual cycle you had, and it will be around the day you concieved (it takes at least a week for your system to recognize youre prego) what day did u have the ultrasound?? (i have an ob wheel and i could probably tell you your conception date)
  • @izander4 my last period was august 26th to august 29th I had spotting on sept 14th for like a few hours
  • @izander4 I had the u/s on feb 8th and she said I was 8 weeks and 3 days approx.
  • date of conception: december 28
    last menstrual day: december 14
    expected due date: september 20
    sorry it was so late :)
  • @rissalee last menstrual day: august 29
    date of conception: september 12
    expected due date: june 5
    again, sorry it took me awhile to respond mama
  • Wen I had my son I was told 3due dates n I went with the last 1 it turned out right aswell I went in to labour on my due date didn't end up having him till the next day but they r pretty good it just takes a couple of guess' I suppose its hard think about it they have got to measure it from the outside lol