ideas for coping with depression?

edited June 2011 in Depression
I need help. Ivebeen dealing with depression for a few months now and its just getting worse. Its strting to destroy my relationship. Idk what to do anymore. Talking isn't helping. I don't have many ppl to talk to as it is. I don't want to take meds at all. But I'm losing control of it. I feel like crawling into a hole and dying. I go thru bursts of happiness but theyr only temporary then I'm back to depressed me. I hardly ever smile or laugh. I'm not eating like I should be and I sleep way more thn I should. I'm really scared of losing my bf, he's having a hard time with this and is at his wits end. Someone please help!?

Comments

• Why don't you want to take meds? At some point you might have to think that your quality of life is worth it. I'm bipolar and I wasted a number of years refusing to take medication. It's something I regret to this day.
  • im sorry that you are going through this... depression is hard... physically and emotionally and i know first hand how it can tear relationships apart... unfortunately i cant help you... hopefully you find your answer... good luck
  • edited June 2011
    I stopped my antidepresents when i got pg because of the possible birth defects. Right now though me and my husband may start a divorce plan with only 3.5-4 months left of ptegnancy...i know exactly how you feel
  • @blueberrysmom my bf doesn't believe meds. He won't date someone taking meds for emotional problems. I'm bipolar too on top of manic depressive. I've been doing good and have been off meds since I was 17 but being pregnant and stressing out 24/7 isn't helping at all. @jalem thnks. @kritten_octoberbby its been getting a lot harder now. I'm due in 10 weeks and I'm afraid we won't make it because of me
  • @jazzi89 i doubt ill make it.. im so depressed and have a history of depression. The only med that will work on me is something i cannot take pg. I am under a severe amount of stress with my grandfather passing this week and my husbands bs. I am so ready for this to be done with and i wont have to deal with him anymore...but since we have the baby ill always have to put up with him... That makes me depressed too.. i hope things get better for you because its extremely hard for me..
  • edited June 2011
    Your health and your baby's health is more important than what your bf believes. I usually try to reserve my opinions but I feel really strongly about this. Here goes... I was diagnosed back in 1992, have been hospitalized several times due to manic episodes, dropped out of grad school three times and fuc*ked up a number of relationships. This pregnancy is the most important thing that has ever happened to me and I would never risk it because I'm in a manic or depressed state. There is truly nothing scarier than to be unable to trust your own mind or emotions. What happens to your child when you hit your breaking point...? Yes, that can happen. Your bf can't help and he can't fix it. What then? So what about his disapproval of medications! Please think about what's best for your health at least while you're pregnant. I'm praying for you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kritten_octoberbby I'm sorry :( I really hope things get better for u. I can't wait to gt over this. @blueberrysmom I completly understand. I have been able to control it for 5 yrs now without meds but the emotions and stress that come with bing pregnant are making it hard. I dnt mind taking meds but I really don't like too. They turn me into a zombieand I'm not myself when I'm on them. I would really like to try everything I can before I resort to pills. I just don't know what to do to help right now.
  • If you do get around to speaking with your doctor ask about low level doses of Lamictal. You can take it while pregnant and it doesn't affect your personality. I know a few people who take it quite successfully, including me. Good luck.
  • @mshahir thank u so much! I'm going to try that. I was of going camping with just me and my dog to have some me time and get some air and see if that helps. Its not helping that I've been on bedrest either and I don't realy have hobbies. I need to find some though bad! Ireally want to make myself better. I don't want to lose my bf over this. Id b devestated
  • @blueberrysmom thank u. If worse comes to worse I unfortunatly will b taking meds just to b healthy. I hope it gets better without thm tho
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mshahir ya I'm going insane. I'm suppsed to b on bedrest til ayva comes. I'm going to lose my mind. I've been on br since 12 weeks on and off. Its beyond boring. I've watched every movie in the house multiple times. And am sick of youtube already. I just don't want to do it anymore grr