im sorry i didnt know we asked ur opinion!!!!

So we are 21 weeks and we decided on a Name! My hubby wanted to share our sons name... we usually don't until they are born... but i let him. We told his family " his name is Nolan James"..... instead of oh OK... we got 10 different opinions. From 'i don't like that' to ' you can't yell that' to 'what about Lyle James instead'. All negative opinions!!!
IM sorry i didn't know we ASKED for opinions. We feel this is a good name and goes well with our other sons Aiden Isaiah and Dylan Lucas .... Nolan James just fits!.
Sorry its long, IM just ticked i thought people would be happy to know before October. Pheeewwww.
Anyone else have vocal people about names????
:)... thanks for listening to me.

Comments

• Yes! I'm about ready to say screw you to them. I like nolan james.
  • Exactly the reason I'm not telling anyone my girls name choice.....if the techs guess is right. She said girl but we don't know yet. My hub did tell his mom & she hated it. Um too bad!! My kid my choice!! Hub has a say so we. Are trying to compromise. My pick for a girl.... Lily Aiyana White. It means pure blossom. As for your boys name I like it!! A lot. & it fits with the other names well. Good job picking names!! If we are having a boy. Im asking u for advice lol.
  • I love Nolan! It was our name for a boy but we are having a girl and cannot agree on anything lol who cares what other ppl think. Someone is always gonna have an opinion no matter what. Just stick to your guns! Good Luck and Congrats
  • I love the name!
  • I think it's a great name!
  • Say "screw you" to them and that you like Nolan James. Not their baby, not their choice!
  • I really like the name! We get the same thing....we are naming our son cain joseph...and soooo....many people are rude about it! I didn't ask their opinion....they asked his name!? Them not liking it isn't going to change my mind!
  • I like the names. N personally I don't care what my family has to say. If they want to name some kids then they need to have some
  • Let me just tell you!! I have a very loud and vocal italian family, my husband's family is the opposite...very quiet, reserved, introverted. with our first we were having a girl. well i was sure my parents would like the name we picked out, and i was sure his side would love it..... well apparently Grace wasn't what they wanted. they ALL told me how i would hate it. when we announced that Grace Madison was born they all suddenly loved it and took back their negative comments.
    therefore, we kept our second, our sons, name a secret until birth and made it clear we didn't give a hoot and didn't want to hear their comments...Noah James
    with this one, our next girl, we refuse to announce her name. i think we are going to have the kids announce the baby's name :)
  • I get a lot of crap for Achilles. I'm trying to keep it under wraps but my husband keeps using his name instead of just "the baby" when he talks about him. Everyone suggested normal names (blegh) when I told them I'm having a boy. Lyle was one of them!
  • I think it's a great name!
  • Thank you ladies! We kept aiden n Dylan a secret til their birthdays #1 cuz we knew people would give opinions #2 cuz we couldnt agree on a name til 2 weeks before!!! With this one it came to us early Ans since my hubs can't keep a secret and we were both excited i let him tell... biggest mistake ever!......
    Oye now we have to tell my family cuz its only fair and IM dreading the responses! I just want yo say "we are naming him Nolan James, please hold your piece!!!" When i named my son aiden, no one had heard of an aiden... and no one knew any Dylan's! I feel the same will happen to Nolan, they will be everywhere! But i don't care!!! I think it fits my little boy!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Victoriab Lyle is their family name... like every boy for 5 generations has it as a first or middle name and they were upset our aiden wasn't part of the line
    my family had Thomas run through and they expected us to use that.... so we said neither! And didn't use a name from either family!....
    but what gets me is his step grandson is named Brandon Lyle from the oldest girl(step. Daughters son) and the younger sister named her daughter Aaliyah lylee (lily) so the name is represented!!!! But not by my husband who has the last name to carry on. Smh! LOL oh well i think its an Okie name. LOL
  • @ victoriab my hubbs loves Achilles! And Apollo ... his top names! Its a great name it just didn't fit with our last name!
  • That's pretty silly that they would expect more Lyles then! I think it sounds kinda okie too, actually.

I was the only one who liked Achilles for ages. I had to beg my husband to let me name our son Achilles. Luckily, it grew on him. Honestly, nothing else sounded right to me. My mom liked it when I first suggested it :) She had names picked out for me and my brother but nobody let her use them. The only problem she has with it is you can't get a nickname from Achilles.
  • We have the same issue as well. We both like kieran for our little boy but everyone has something negative to say.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Way cute name! We are naming our daughter Marlie and my FIL said we had to change it cuz his friend has a dog named marlie. I told him ppl can name their dog anything and next dog i get im naming him todd (my FILs name) then say he has a dog name. It shut him up. Lol
  • Thanks ladies... i was kinda shocked they started doing that... his name is Nolan James... 99.9% (100% once its on the certificate and the ink is try. LOL) we told our kids and they already call their brother Nolee (which i think is adorable!!!)
    @ victoriab we couldn't find a nickname on aiden so he is called punkin, lil Ace (after his daddy) and big Guy... but he doesn't mind. My name is Sarah and i never had a nickname on my name. I say give him the name and find another nickname..... LOL...
    @ourbaby3 kieran was on our list! Its Celtic and awesome. (Aiden and Dylan are both Celtic... i loved it but it wasn't our 'one'. Do it!!
    @mama_Kate thank you! I think its cute and works for a grown up too.. and trust me i know its yellable. Every time he's woken me up in the night i yell at him... "Nolan James go to sleep! Its bedtime! Not playtime!" LOL...
  • I love that name! Its really cute
  • I really dislike the name Lyle, now that you ladies mention it (my brother's name is Kyle... we still have that sibling rivalry crud going on all the time. And it rhymes with bile, which I have been puking up on and off for the last 4 and a half months). Nolan James is really cute. Haven't heard Nolan gain popularity yet... I'm sure it will (but you never know!), just like every other name these days. Lol.

We already have the name figured if it's a boy. He'd be the 5th generation with the same name (the 11th actually, it had to start over), and I'm okay with that. I think I'm more okay with it than my fiancee. :P If it's a girl, that's where the trouble starts... Maybe that's why I'm okay with sticking with a boy's name I don't have to pick. :P

Don't let family sway you on it! It's a strong name and he'll be happy with what mommy and daddy have chosen for him. :)

Nolee is adorable btw. :D
  • That name is beautiful! Forget wat everyone else has to say! My dad is upset because im giving my son my fiance's last name like first of all i didnt ask u for ur opinion secondly i plan on marrying this man & changing my last name & lastly i dont like my last name myself & cant wait to change it! THAT IS ALL lol oh well he had his time to *barely raise* his kids now its time for me to raise mine! :)
  • At least you didn't finally agree on the name jaycen just to have your 13 year old sil and mil tell you you can't name him Jaycen because the sil wants to name her possible kid that one day.
  • Love the name! If they don't like it, then tell them they are welcome to kiss your a$$ lol!
  • @katiep8610, lmao! Please tell that 13 year old to get a life and name her own kids in 15 YEARS!!! And your MIL agreeing to that, utter stupidity!
  • If my hubby wasn't such a pansy is have him tell her. But the family is crazy religious and believe God told her that was his sons name so by us taking that name we are going behind him. Ugh so now we have no name and 10 weeks left.
  • I'm due July 30 and we had our daughters name decided on a few months before mothers day..i wanted to keep it secret for as long as possible. but i decided to give a lil and we told our moms what the name was (Ava Elizabeth) for mothers day and so our fathers knew too because they were there when they opened their card. well my husbands aunt,cousin,and her son was in town a couple weeks after and let them in on the secret..kinda upset me that we told them, his cousin i hadnt met till then, she didnt make our wedding 3 yrs ago cuz she was working..blah blah blah. so she says "thats what we were going to name our girl if we had a girl next.." not even prego..i wanted to scream!
  • Thanks for the support ladies! We told my sister and she got mad in using James . She's 'called' over 15 names and is not serious with anyone,married, pregnant or anything's! !!! I said sorry!!! Maybe he will be ur favorite nephew then!
    But it is Nolan James for sure. :)
  • To every one that's family hates the name they picked out...... Tell who ever said something "next time you have a baby you can name it" Lol ;) works like a charm.
    On a side note my mother in law thinks that when we have a baby it'll call her mami (she's latino/a) so not going to happen!