Instead of a baby shower...

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
I had my first baby last year, but she died during labor so I have everything I need already and don't need a shower. I was thinking that maybe I'd get 5 or 7 women together and have a tea to celebrate this baby. I was thinking I'd send an evite to the ladies I want to come and tell them how much it will cost. Cause I don't want to pay for it all myself. Is that ghetto? Do y'all have any other ideas for how I can celebrate this baby without having a shower?

Comments

• Have a small party for friends/family when the baby arrives to celebrate the birth and new life and ask that instead of gifts have them donate to the March of Dimes or whatever organization you like. I am not sure about asking them to contribute, it is a touchy subject for some. Maybe explain it to your closest friend that you are inviting and have her pass the word around.
  • Im doing a meet the baby BBQ this weekend. (I've already had my son.) And its kindof a potluck. I'm gonna have food prepared but people are welcome to bring food too.
  • first, sorry for your loss!! Congrats on your new baby. Not ghetto at all! Do u like to scrapbook? Sounds boring but it's fun and after your tea you would have an album just needing the pics :)
  • Thanks juliek77. How old is your son blissmarie23?
  • Oh you mean like having everybody put pages together for me Jamie77? I wouldn't say that I like to scrapbook, but I do like scrapbooks and they are a LOT of work. That's an idea. Thanks.
  • I am having a welcome to the world party a couple weeks after the baby is born. I'm going to ask people to bring diapers because I have gotten everything else already. I am not sure about a bbq or what I'm doing for food, guess it all depends on how tired I am :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He's 2 weeks old yesterday. I tend to have really easy births so we've been up an running since I was at the hospital which is why I'm planning on doing the food. Most of the people who are coming have asked if they can bring food partially because they assume I'm still recovering based on their childbirth experiences.
  • @kalikojenie the diapers and wipes idea is outstanding!! I had a diapers and wipes shower. Which was soooo boring!! Every gift was diapers and wipes. Which we needed and are grateful for but it was almost painful trying to thank people in different ways opening diapers and wipes over and over...lol