birthing pools

Hey I'm still currently ttc with my second and have been watching one born every min and just wondered if anyone has tried a birth with and without or who would reccomend a birthing pool as they look so much more relaxing and I know with my girl while I was in labour being in the bath at home helped. :) ty for any imput girls :) xxxx

Comments

• I was tempted to use a birthing pool this time round but my husbands answer was 'i hope u dont expect me to come in in case I drown lol.one born every minute does make it look so good tho x
  • I am bt I'm a bigish girl and I don't wanna b that exposed well looks more exposed thanbing under that blanket and pushing lol. As they show the baby coming out from behind my 3yr old thing babys come out ur bum bless her congrats on the baby btw :) xxx
  • Lol im bigish to.ha my son thinksthat too :-) .how far along are you? Do u kno what ur having?x
  • Still trying to concieve lol jumping ahead just so excited hehe fingers crossed this is the mnth though :) how about you hun ? Xx
  • Ah we wer trying for9 months befor I got preggers again.im 23 weeks with a girl who seems to think my tummy is a punch bag lol.how long have u bn trying?wer u from in the uk? Xx
  • My sisters have used a pool. One was just a kiddy pool in the living room. It was awesome for a natural birth, the baby seemed to have an easyer time too.
  • @katiemcillan12 I'm from peterborough, u and since nov so 4th month now nt 2 long reli :) and @mommy2audrey thanks they look so much more relaxing don't think could do a home birth tho :) xx
  • Iim from welwyn garden city nt tht far from peterborough my nan lives there.its horribe jus waiting to get pregnant it seems so long! X
  • Oh that's cool, and yeah it is and all my mates who haven't even been trying are getting preggers since I've been trying and I'm like grrrr lmaao will happen when its ment to happen though :)
  • Exactly I nearly gave up! But its worth the wait.im the only one out of all my friends to hav a child cept one friend has just found out shes preg. Is ur little girl at nursery? X
  • yeah every mnth when af comes I'm like that's it no more trying but never happens, and most of my mates have kids and most have 2 or 3 lol so I'm behind :p and yeah she goes the collage nursery but she starts school in sept :$ so nervous 4 her but she's so excited hehe xx
  • Aww bless I get traumatised when I think of my boy going to school.i still get funny looks off people now im preg again I must look about 12 I had an old lady tut at me! Little does she kno im 23 n married lol x
  • Aww I'm only 21 and my lil girls 4 in may and I get all looks all the time and I look about 16 but I just ignore it now :) and I'm not married but been with my lil girls dad 5 years people just judge before they know the effects :p xx
  • I would love to use a birthing pool but I would want to clean it out my self before I got in it. I feel a bit funny about getting in a pool others have given birth in and I know the Nhs isn't great about cleanliness lol maybe I'm a bit ocd.
  • I put down for my first child I wanted a waterbirth but peterboroughs old mat unit has a bad rep, when I did haver her the showers weren't clean coverd in blood etc so but we've just had a new one so hoping that's better :) so I don't blame u for wanting to clean it properly hehe xx
  • Lol I still get ID buyimg films :-) atleast il look younger for longer lol. Yea my hospital wasnt very nice when it came to the showers :-S but the delivery rm was great x
  • Lol I get id for alcohol makes me feel like a twat when doing shopping lol my delivery room was ok I had like 5 diff midwifes b4 one actually stayed they wud go to do something then not come back was like I'm not that bad lmao xx
  • Ha did u go natural or pain relief? Its annoying when they change shifts so u get a whole new load of people cum n ook at ur bits! X
  • I wanted to go natural but after being in labour 21 hours I needed something lol so had diamorphine how about u? X
  • I was induced wot a shock tht was! I ended up havin epidural it was great! I even had a nap :-D I want one this time but il c.i dnt really do pain.im guessing ul b watchin one born every minute tonite.me n my hubby love it lol x
  • I had started contractions 10 days late so was booked in the next day 4 a sweep bt dint help speed it up lol and same for next I want to but I'm a whimp :p and depends what mood partners in he don't like watching it so normally record it and watch it in morning while he's at work lol but is vday he might let me lmaaaao least that's one man that likes watching it xx
  • Lol my hubby even gets a little bit tearful,hes worse than me lol x
  • Awww does he have your hormones lmao :p xx
  • Yea and sympathy pains ha bles him xx
  • I watched The Business of Being Born. I could steam it on Netflix, so I figured what the hell, why not. Don't watch that movie while pregnant. I cried for virtually the entire movie. Joy, fear, sadness, and more joy.

But I will admit that they got me thinking twice about a natural birth or even a tub birth. I think I want to do a standing birth now, and you can't do that with an epidural. I am usually pretty good with pain. I think... that I don't know! I'm terrified and hope I figure it out before the due date!
  • I had both mine natural. Got in a tub for first, pool for second. They change out the lining in the pool everytime where I go.. I couldn't push in the pool though, so I got out to push.. Will do it again for sure this time!! I LOVE it!! Eases the pressure and pain a lot! Much more relaxing. And I HIGHLY recomend watching The Business of being born.
  • When I said don't watch it, I actually meant to watch it. It is good. But lord does it make your emotional rollercoaster ride intense.
  • lol i know!! Was just agreeing with you :) Its pretty intence. But I think it has a lot of info most people will never get otherwies..
  • I'm trying to get my man to leave the Black Ops so he can watch it right now, actually. So he cam understand why I'm thinking about a natural birth.
  • Ba ha ha ha ha ha Good luck with that one!!! lmao especialy if he plays on line!!