thanks navy!

edited June 2011 in Military moms
My husband and I planned our second baby with the thought that he wouldn't miss anything like he did our first. Just found out they are extending him to join the upcomin deployment and he leaves the same month (within 2 weeks) that I'm due. I am so upset! I have to move 2,000 miles away so I can be with my family and he will only see his newborn through skype. Grrr navy!! Then he tells me he probably won't be back until next august because they want to send him to school. Our baby will be around 8 months old by the time he lives with his daddy. :(

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I can't say I've been in your shoes but I'm familiar with what your going through to an extent. I'm helping my sil pack this weekend. She's due a week after me (in October). Her husband deploys in a few weeks and won't be back in time for the birth. She's moving back to Ohio to be close to her family. At least he was there for their firstborn but they were stationed in Germany so the rest of the family didn't get to see the baby for a long time. He actually wasn't really a baby anymore. It sucks but you ladies are strong.

I wish you the best.
  • My husband depleted in April and will not be back for the birth. I didn't move back home because luckily I only live 3 hours from my family. The baby will be 3-4 months old when he gets home.
  • Luckily my hubby will be home for the birth but he leaves December.
  • Yea mine too!! Are you guys in SD?
  • My hubby is in Japan and just got PCS orders to be stationed in cherry point NC so I'm fortunate he will be here for when baby is born.. but all of myine and his family lives in Idaho ..so as soon as I leave here it will be a while before they get to see the baby which makes me kinda sad.. military life is so different than civilian life..
    I've got faith in u to be strong through it all. After all if the men didn't have us in their lives they would be in total chaos!
  • Mines an mp
  • My heart goes out to you ladies, stay strong. <3
  • @usmcwifemommy101107 thanks girl! In that case, I'll need some shopping money. Lol
  • i feel you ladies! my husband wasnt suppost to deploy this time around but now they are trying to take him... grrr!!! stupid Army! but oh well i handled everything alone with the last 2 i can do it again ;-) deployments make us stronger. only thing that bugs me is weve already lost 4 boys and they have only been gone 2 monthes. my boys are in a high combat zone and im so worried about my man going
  • @usmcwifemommy101107 we have been married for 4 years and he joined about 6 months after we got married. With our first he left when baby girl was 4 months and came back when she was 10 months but this time it will be much longer. :(
  • @usmcwifemommy101107
    Very cool , how do u like living in NC ? my husband is a crew chief and works on the birds ..that's why I'm at the air station in cherry point instead of camp lejeune :)
  • @usmcwifemommy101107
    Very cool , how do u like living in NC ? my husband is a crew chief and works on the birds ..that's why I'm at the air station in cherry point instead of camp lejeune :)
  • I feel ya my daughter was 2 weeks old when Hubby left she'll be about 9ish months when he gets vine. I moved home to be with my family for help