no baby shower vent...smh

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
Ok so bck n April my godmom axd for a guess list so she cud do my shower...ok her n my mom was spose to b doin it my bfs aunt also wntd to giv me one so I figured thy cud do it together but my mom didn't wnt tht n my godmom said thy had everything under control...so a few weeks ago mayb a month I ax my mom how everything was goin to make thngs short she doesn't hav ne money...at ths point I dnt wnt one nemre bcuz my godmom is tlkn about havn it on the 2nd while I'm due on the 10...ok so I've been telln everyone its the 2nd but thyre sayn thy haven't received n invite or nuthn so today I ax my godmom if she's still doin it on the 2nd n she replies she hasn't had the money n she won't b able to do it ntil aftr I'm due...wtf like I dnt evn wnt the stupid shower nemre I'll jus find sum way to buy my son watevr he needs I'm so irked Idk wat to do like Idk I'm jus n such a bad mood n to top it all off my grandmom lives n Maryland n I had plans on goin to c her about a month ago but doc said no so I was really countn on cn her at my shower I guess tht ain't gona happn uuuggghhh

Comments

• Just throw together a cheep bbq n tell everyone yourself I'm doing pot luck..n Im doing it 1week before I'm due because my mom wont be here until then....u don't have to make it fancy just have a get together
  • @azmom although ths sounds like a great idea to b honest I wudnt hav the slightest idea as to wat to do I've nevr evn givn a bday party so I'd jus b setn myself up for failure n also I lost my job n Feb so my savings r slowly dwindling dwn to nuthn I'd rather take my money n get my son wat he needs
  • Yeah I say make it yourself ;) at the park or at your house. Just as a little get together, it doesn't have to be big or expensive. Good luck mama! ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mshahir I wasn't really worried about havn one ntil everyone decided tht thy wntd to giv me one so now my son is due n 2wks n he has nuthn but the little not of clothes I bought him smh ths is the worst
  • @mshahir thnks I jus hope everythng goes well I'll prolli go out ths weekend n c wat I can find I'm really worried about a carseat n bassinett but I jus got off thr phone wit my dad n he says I'll hav everything I need
  • i know the feeling thts y i did my own
  • I'm sorry :( like azmom mentioned u could just do a bbq ur self and tell them its a bbq/baby shower and just put a list of things still needed for ur little one inside the invite or register al Walmart and put those cards inside :) I'm throwing my husband a daddy shower/poker party. Instead of playing for money everyone is to bring a package of diapers or a baby toy and then ill be making dinner for them. Hope all works out. Good luck with everything!!
  • edited June 2011
    im sorry chica i know that has to be frustrating .. well long story short im planning my own and having a bbq co-ed shower(so that my bf and other guys can come) ..im using e-vite for the invites because its free and im going to the dollar store for decorations. and ill just make some simple side dishes .but this way its not to expensive and its laid back and i still get gift lol .. and i still did a registry i did one at walmart and one at target .. i hope everything works out for you love .. >:D<
  • Well me n bf r jus gona hav to do the best we can my dad and his friend r gona get my stroller, bassinet, carseat and crib and I'm really worried about him havn a bassinet and carseat so Idk everything will cum together...if not its nuthn I cnt handle hopefully...thnx ladies