so bummed...

I had my mc february 1st of this year.. well it started january 30th. I just got a bill from it yesterday for 9000 dollars, and my medicaid wont pay for it! I have no idea what to do now. They said my medicaid became effective 2/01/2011 so anything before that isnt their concern. Im so stressed out now:(( I haven't been stressed that much at all lately. Buy now I feel the pressure.

Comments

• $9,000 for what?
  • are u kidding me? wth for?
  • That's ridiculous. That's the same as having a baby and they didn't do that much!!
  • It was my understanding medicaid can be retroactive 3 months? Not sure if this is true but you might want to look into it..
  • Ask for an appeal from medicaid. They really should cover it. But hospital bills can be paid over time, so just send them something every month and you'll be fine.
  • It says for the 2 ultrasounds I had. And the guy at the medicaid office told me it would cover back to 3 months previous. I just called the hospital and asked them to look into it. They said they will. But I have to go next week up there to redo my medicaid because of my current pregnancy. This is so retarded.. ugh!
  • 9 thousand dollars for 2 ultrasounds? whatt?
  • That's ridiculous. My entire pregnancy is $4,000.
  • I think u need to re eval the whole bill and complain that is outrageous.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I guess because it was er. I seriously about passed out when I opened the bill yesterday. I was like WHAT THE F-WORD. the bill doesn't even tell you what services were rendered it just says what day the service was givin. I have no freaking idea what its from but that's the only thing I could think of. I just don't understand why medicaid wouldnt pay. Isn't that the whole point? I get money taken out of my check every week for it so why wouldn't they go back 2 days... ughh
  • edited June 2011
    medicaid will go back 90 days prior to your getting it. But you have to submit the bills. They don't look back for you or accept bills from the medical place directly. Call them and see what they can do.
  • wait are you in the states? Are you talikng about state assitance or insurance you pay for?
  • I live in alabama. Lol so im talking about state assistance. I have insurance it just wont cover my pregnancy. But I did call medicaid and the lady said they wouldn't.. but the hospital said they will so the hospital is going to submit them.