darn u ARMY!!

edited June 2011 in Military moms
so we just had to fork over 100s of dollars for the new dress blue uniforms the army has now... welp my husband just got put on funeral detail and they need to wear the old school greens... well when my husband was last deployed he got medvaced cause he got shot and then they found a tumor on this chest... he had cancer. so anyways his last unit never sent any of his things back to him when they shipped him to the states. this was almost 3 years ago. well now they want us to fork over a few more $100 to get the greens and they are getting rid of them anyways and never wear them! this is just crazy! its required to have the blues cause they got rid of the greens but yet they need greens for a funeral?! this isnt the navy with there summer whites and winter blues!! i mean thats navy tradition going back forever to have 2 dress uniforms! all mother branches have one and they are very expencive!! ugh! we need them to promote him already to sargent!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i feel ya the army is also getting new acus... thats gonna b a few more $100s were going to have to spend! they have been changing uniforms every couple years!! enlisted cant afford it maybe officers can but we cant!
  • @mandac10 Is there anyone he can borrow a set from? I've seen AF guys borrow shoes, ties, and hats from each other. He could also try to see if command can replace him on funeral detail since he does not have the correct uniform and just purchased the new one. They might be able to work with him.
  • I remember the military time and don't really miss it. It's very frustrating and it never seems to get any better
  • What realy pisses me off is my family plus my two neices n naphew who we havnt seen in over a year r coming from june 28- july 5. His command said its the 4 of july weekend so ull have time off don't drop leave. Now they have him on details n stuff so he wont b around at all... we r both from ohio r here in hawaii. U would think thy would give him family time. E can't go to any of my appointments but bth the caption plus master sgt wives r prego n they don't miss there wifes taking a dump! Its just getting annoying! He has over 35 days of leave but he can't take them. They have also said when re baby comes its pointless for him to take leave hell have to come in anyways
  • When do the blue ones become mandatory? I figured it wouldn't be till next year since the 1st friday of everymonth they are still wearing greens..... but I do agree that its ridiculous to be having to buy a whole new set everytime this crap changes. We just had to buy a bunch of replacement stuff for a layout and they then told him after that he didn't need half of it :-W
  • Yea my hubby just got all his cold weather gear for Alaska and we didn't pay. Then he just got deployed and the gave him all his dessert acus and gear..
  • And we never paid when they switched to the dress blues either.
  • Blues become maditory in 2012 but his command was starting the switch and they needed them yet for funeral detail its greens. Makes no sense! We do get a clothing allounce I think we get it july well I hope! Luckily some guy that got chaptered out left his greens b they r a perfect fit for my Hubby so yeah! We just have to get a couple patches sown on
  • I hate military BS. But I'm so excited for the 96 next weekend!!!!