an email reminder...

edited June 2011 in Loss
so, before Christmas i had lost our baby around 6 weeks (or more possibly -and i am very thankful that it was that early, i think of it as a blessing for my heart). At that time i had signed on to some websites and forums for information, and yesterday I got an email from one of them telling me i was 34 weeks, and all about my baby. Although I'm ok now, i can't help but to feel sad inside seeing things like that. Father's day was tough too... knowing my husband would have been a soon-to-be daddy of our first child together (as much as i love his 2 girls, it would have been different for me). :-< And today, as wonderful as it is, my friend that was 1 month ahead of me gave birth to her baby boy. What a blessing he is. A reminder of how precious life really is. But my heart is hurting a bit... anyone else feeling the same? :-(

Comments

• I remember those days! 9 years ago our newborn passed when he was 2days old. I remember getting a 1st bday card in mail from a formula company. I balled for days. Luckily no one I knew had a baby soon after me, it must be difficult but enjoy him, and hopefully u will give him a playmate soon :)
  • Awww, honey, I'm SO sorry! I lost two babies, one right after another in October 2008 and again in April 2009. This is my first to go past the first trimester - I'm actually at 39 weeks tomorrow. I know how it hurts. I found out my cousin's 16 year old girlfriend was pregnant two months after losing my second. It was hard...the due date is hard, too. I feel ya, hun! :'(

But stay strong. It gets easier with time, & you WILL have your own child. If it can happen to me with my history & laundry list of medical problems, it can happen for anyone! :D
  • I've had 5 total m/c. With the last four I always got pregnant in Oct and lost the baby in November. A toddler and mostly healthy pregnancy and I still refuse all intamency in Oct and cry my way through nov
  • The hospital where I had my son still sends me formula and diaper samples. I hate it. I am sorry, even early any loss will always have reminders like that.
  • @oregonmama ugh, i know the feeling. you want to be happy for them, but can't help to think about you and your unborn baby you lost. i'm so so sorry to hear how far along you were, my heart breaks when i think of that. my sister in law lost 2 baby girls just about full term and after i went to visit new baby james (not even 24 hrs) i thought about my sister in law and all the friends i've made who lost their babies further along than i. it was different seeing him. different than any other newborn i've seen. i took him in, but i was also taking in the experience of my friend and her hubby. :) kinda made me think a lot, and i know in my heart i am truly ready to be a mommy. i was also touched by how perfect he was... and it made me excited instead of resentful! :X thankfully!!

@jaime77 thank you for sharing, again... i can't imagine the hurt and am grateful that you're able to tell your story to me and other pregly girls! i did enjoy him!! it was amazing. i was pretty emotional inside yesterday for some reason, just lots going on inside, but he just melted my heart and was absolutely perfect. I really took it all in and look forward to having my place in there some day. >:D<

@artistmamma :-" just trying to patiently wait my turn ;) lol thank you as well, for sharing. quite a club in the loss section we've got here and i am so thankful to not feel alone!! i can't imagine finding out a 16 yr old was preggers after i had lost mine. ugh. but OH MY GOODNESS i can't believe you're 39 weeks now! what great news!! :-D certainly gives people like me hope! i'll be thinking of you and hoping that your delivery goes well... HOW EXCITING!!! :) and, your little girl has a wonderful name too!! ;)

@beaded_bunny i think that is natural... not everyone would understand, but hopefully your hubby does!! so so tough! the strength of friends of pregly is amazing. 8->

@ll10 i don't know what i'd do... that is heartbreaking. i'm so sorry to hear that... my heart goes out to you bc i don't know how you do it. staying strong. i get sad and i was only 6 weeks or so. but thank you for being strong, and for sharing!! >:D< just wanna send you some hugs.
  • I lost my son at 16 wks on oct 27,2010 and I also got the reminders in my email and on his due date I was especially upset and cranky towards everyone but I could not help but feel alone on that day. The holidays that followed my mc were really hard and I had to leave my hubby's family at thanksgiving because his sister was due the week after I was due and was also having a boy and the whole discussion was about her and her baby which made me really upset cause it had only been around a month since my loss. Time helps you will never "get over" it but I promise you it gets easier. Hugs and prayers and I am here if you ever need anything!
  • Aww, that's tough. :( Definitely understandable for those things to make you sad. Of course your friend's baby is a blessing (and congrats to her!) but you shouldn't feel guilty feeling a little sad about it too. I still get emails for my last pregnancy, too and it bugs me, even though I'm pregnant again. I also still have a hard time with how far along a couple of my friends and my sil are, because I should be a lot closer to them. It is just a hard thing that we can't get away from and I'm just hoping it does eventually. Hang in there girlfriend! How is the ttc going? Are you guys back to trying? It's been too long since we've chatted!
  • @tbaby2011 thank u so much for your support, and sharing your story! As sad as it is, its always nice to know there's people out there who understand and have gone through it... although I wish it on no one!! :) I'm here as well on those tough days! Thank u!

@bensmama hey!! I'm doing better, and we are trying again \:D/ sure hoping that things start looking up even more so and that we're blessed soon. I'm not tracking everything but did take ovulation tests so our time has passed. We'll just keep on trying and one of these months our blessing will come!! Trying not to over think it all and we're back in my hometown till Wednesday for the holiday and helping with this awful clean up after the tornado :( just happy to be with everyone, I hate living across the could try! And I think.jonny and I both needed to get away from the grind for a bit... its been good for us. ;) how r u feeling?!?
  • @tbaby2011 thank u so much for your support, and sharing your story! As sad as it is, its always nice to know there's people out there who understand and have gone through it... although I wish it on no one!! :) I'm here as well on those tough days! Thank u!

@bensmama hey!! I'm doing better, and we are trying again \:D/ sure hoping that things start looking up even more so and that we're blessed soon. I'm not tracking everything but did take ovulation tests so our time has passed. We'll just keep on trying and one of these months our blessing will come!! Trying not to over think it all and we're back in my hometown till Wednesday for the holiday and helping with this awful clean up after the tornado :( just happy to be with everyone, I hate living across the could try! And I think.jonny and I both needed to get away from the grind for a bit... its been good for us. ;) how r u feeling?!?