i knew it! so y am i still so upset?

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
Some of u know that I have had some issues with my friend that has been planning my baby shower. Well as I stated previously I have been waiting on her to flake out on me. And what do ya know!!! My baby shower is in 13 hours n I get a text telling me everything that she hasn't gotten done (including the food n cake). So I'm trying to stay calm n find out exactly what else isn't done n she just decides she's done talking about it. Wont return my calls or texts. N I just know she's not gonna show at all now. So there goes all $300 in decorations, plates, everything!

Comments

• :( I would not be friends with her after this
  • @Karla_with_a_K I am so done! I'm gonna get threw tomorrow and IF she shows up I might consider forgiving her... but probably not. I never asked her to lift a finger for her baby shower that I planned! Not once n she asked me a few days ago to get the punch n stuff. N I agreed no big deal but now I'm just plum pissed!!!

@2ndbutfirst I'm working on all that now. I have no faith that she will even come. N she has everything! I offered to store it all cuz I'm close to the venue n I have a suv n she has a tiny Lil car (I don't think everything will fit plus the gift she claims to have gotten) but she told me not to worry... well now my mom n I are picking up the pieces, I gotta be up at 6am just to try n cover everything she didn't do.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_kat I'm trying not to! Not to mention a large portion of the guest list didn't even get the invite that she claims to have mailed. So I had to "Remail" all the missing invites.
  • wheres ur baby shower gonna be at? i'm sure u can put together a menu and get a cake.. i would be super pissed tho!!
  • Awww im sooo sorry love! So many ppl tell me im not suppose to b helping my mom plan mine but the ppl who said they wud help her most arent doing anything... i still have a while but im helping my mom out the most because i dont want it to be last min with 150 & nothings going right! Stay positive & kick her to the curb if neef be! I hope everything works out for the best! :) let us kno wat happens
  • @cee808 its at a church not far from my house.

@FiRstTimEOcT_mom u just can't count on much of any one any more. N she finally texted me back after 4hours of me pulling out my hair. As of right now all is well n shell be there tomorrow. Even if its short handed, that's still better then nothing!
  • ohh so everything is taken care of then? omg whats this girl doing to u. stressing out a preggo woman! lol
  • Oh WOW! Well u kno what go & enjoy yourself! This is a celebration for you & your baby dont let her ruin ur day & just make the most out it! I hope u get everything u asked for & keep me posted on how it went! Good Luck :)
  • @cee808 no I still gotta come up with everything she doesn't have. But as long as she shows I don't have to come up with new decorations. So I'm off to get stuff done!!! Lets see how it goes!
  • My supposed to be best friend did the exact same thing to me last minute and my baby shower is tomorrow because I had to re plan everything and do it all myself and shell out all the money and scramble and ask my family to make food to bring, how embarrassing. If I were you I would just go get the decorations and take over don't let her ruin your day.
  • edited June 2011
    My supposed to be best friend did the exact same thing to me last minute and my baby shower is tomorrow because I had to re plan everything and do it all myself and shell out all the money and scramble and ask my family to make food to bring, how embarrassing. If I were you I would just go get the decorations and take over don't let her ruin your day.
  • @ChelseaMarie - my mom is on stand by just in case. I hate asking her for anything and she is not happy about what's happened but she was expecting it too. So she's helping with everything today. Good thing is KMarts right next to the venue so if she don't show well just run next door n get decorations n plates.
  • N She wont ruin it. Hubby put. A big foot in my butt when I started to break down last night. Pulled me right outta my funk... told me this is my day n made me go to my mom. Mom n I don't get along but she never lets me down.
  • Good!!! Enjoy your day (: give us an update later!
  • @ChelseaMarie
    @FiRstTiMeOcT_mOm
    @cee808
    @Mama_Kat
    @2ndbutfirst
    @Karla_with_a_K

Well today went about as i figured it would. But she did show up with the plates and decorations. Then she forgot knifes, forks, my baby shower gifts (that friends bought and asked her to give to me because they had to work. and now she is refusing to even take them in her car to work tomorrow so i can go pick them up) N she forgot the gift card for the door prize. so she called her husband who was right down the road n asked him to bring it to her n it took him 2 hours to show up with it!!! Then lied to my aunts when they asked her what happened to the cake. (right in front of me!!! Really you think they dont know what happened already, why lie!!!) then she txts me after and says I hope you liked it i tried to make it all about you. BS! Sorry i'm just really P!SSED.
  • Id be very upset!
  • Holy shit! I would have to flip out on her (after I got all the gifts she was holding) and then be done. She is not a true friend to let something as important as your baby shower go to hell!
  • @chelseaMarie - yeah I'm Just waiting on my gifts. She has over $500 in baby stuff that should have been brought to the baby shower like a pack n play swing my crib bedding set etc.... then while were passing out cake she's complaining about not having help n how nothing went right n my other friend looks at her n says "hey I offered to help multiple times!" (This is news to me! I was floored!!!) N all she replied with is "I didn't want help till everything went to sh!t..." so yeah I'm beyond done with her!!!
  • That's bullshit! Mine is tomorrow and needless to say the friend who was supposed to be throwing it isn't coming! She "forgot" to mail my invitations until a week before it was supposed to be and then lied to me about it and when I questioned her she got mad at me saying she had a lot going on and I hadn't offered to help!
  • Yikes! I know I'm not supposed to help out with the shower, but I'm pretty involved. I'm being a momzilla about my baby stuff tho! :)
  • @adensmommy0803 awww hun :( im soo sorry! This really shows u now who u can considered a friend.... im sorry it turned out so horrible! Baby showers can be overwhelming so i dont understand y she didnt let ppl help her.... she pretty much ruined it :( Well im glad its over & make sure u stay ontop of her abt ur gifts even if U HAVE to go get them ur self! BIG HUGE HUGS FROM ME TO U :D *desperately hopes that helps a little*
  • I was gonna ask a few different people to help me co host my shower after reading this I think I will do it myself. I am so sorry she is being flaky hopefully she is just stressed out because she has a lot to do. Fingers crossed for an awesome shower.
  • @ChelseaMarie - I'm sorry u had to deal with That. My "friend" did the same thing, but I caught it about 2weeks b4 the shower then she tried to send only invites for ppl she wanted there. Needless to say I caught that too. And the funny thing is the ppl that she knew would come and did rsvp (the ones she mailed out) were all the ppl that didn't show. When I caught what she did I sent a 2nd round of invites out. ( mostly my family or hubby's family) they all got them about 3 days b4 the shower n still showed up. And the two that couldn't sent me cards n money. I think it would have turned out so much better for us if we had just done it all from the get go.
  • @socialMOMMA2boys - I would advise to do it ur self. If u have someone u KNOW 100% FOR SURE u. Can count on u might ask them to help with little stuff. But my baby shower turned out horrible. N she had the nerve to ask me to do her next baby shower. HAHAHA! Not gonna happen. I worked my but off on her last one and she let mine go to sh!t