Utterly Lost (dh vent...sorta kinda)

Okay so we have agreed that we would do the shower and the baby's room in neutral colors, yellows, greens, etc. Well now dh is saying that I'm going to end up turning our little girl into a dyke with all the ungirlie stuff...I just don't get it. I honestly wouldn't care if she was straight or gay but as that's not really the issue I didn't say anything. Am I wrong for wanting to go with neutrals? I don't really like pink. Everyone either uses pink, blue or winnie the pooh (at least were I'm from the do). That's just not me. I like yellows and greens and stuff like that. I'm not against doing purple even! But I had asked him if he thought we should do it in purple and he said "I don't care" or "I thought you were doing it in yellow" or "idk you pick it."

I don't get it. What do ya'll think? Should I go with something more girlie-ish? I don't really see the problem with neutral for like the crib, stroller and stuff like that. I figure that if we take care of it(at least try like hell lol) and when we have more kids if the next is a boy or what have you at least we are a little prepared.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What does colors have to do with a child being straight or gay!? Lol silly man. I'm not doing pooh bear..I refused. Were going to do a turtle theme:)
  • I'm doing both my shower and nursery in neutral because we don't know the sex of the baby and I like you also want to keep some stuff for the next baby we have. You can purple up a few things like decorations but I don't see anything wrong with main items being neutral
  • I totally understand I hate pink wit a passion but I'm gunna sponge paint yellow and purple and some pink ...figured I put some in just a bit of girlyness lol...
  • idk wth. It came about because we happened to pass these little baby sunglasses. They had a pair of hot pink barbie ones and a pair of little yellow ones with a lion. I thought the little lion ones were adorable. He said no we are getting her barbie. I was like hells to the no. I don't need our kid wanting thinking everyone should be stick thin with blonde hair and blue eyes(no offense to barbie lovers...I played with them for a short period of time as a kid too lol). That's when he told me I was going to turn our little girl into a dyke..I was just like What?? He was like you want her to have everything neutral colors, She's a girl she needs pink.

She has all kinds of pink clothes. She has all kinds of dresses and girlie stuff already. idk. Maybe he was just stressed. He went to bed after we got home so I really haven't had a chance to discuss this with him more...It really sent me for a loop ya know. Cause all this time we had been agreeing on Neutral and now suddenly he wants girlie!
  • i'm seeing alot of people do monkey and jungle themes.. for girls too. i don't think it will make her dykey. i have a friend who is super girly but hates pink and refused to buy any pink stuff for her daughter so what ur feeling is normal.
  • It sounds like he might have just been having a bad night and was upset you didn't let him get the glasses he wanted. It makes sense to buy the big stuff neutral...stroller, crib, swing, ect...just because you can use it again, the neutral, esp gray and black, stays clean better than pink, and ultrasounds can be wrong, lol!! But you prob won't be reusing sunglasses and there's really no harm with going more pink or girly next time, even if it isn't exactly your favorite. It's kind of a ridiculous thing to say though, sorry he's being jerky. : (
  • We aren't finding out what we are having and my hubby wants to do the nursery in cars . He says its neutral for a boy or girl lmao
  • We didn't even get the sunglasses!@laura536 lol We just happened to walk past them grocery shopping. Hell if he had wanted the glasses he coulda gotten them. It's not like I was going to be like no she can only wear these colors and that isn't one of them...I think maybe he was just having a bad night. Maybe he's pmsing...He does act like it at least once a month lol
  • cars? that kinda sounds more boyish than neutral. But hey if yall can make it work out neutral more power to ya! I hate how people try to stereo-type gender's into certain categories. I love the unique and the "other" options!
  • It's not neutral at all but he says if it's a girl it will be a tomboy lmao
  • Maybe put cars and flowers...Kinda make it either...Hell Idk. lol Did you tell him he was off his rocker?
  • My youngest is 3. For many MANY months(close to the forst year) more than half of her onsies were neutral colors and yankees/jets onesies. This past Christmas we let her pick out which bike (fat plastic big wheel type bikes) and between barbie and diego she picked diego. She has no idea who Barbie is and she probably won't till she's old lol this past Halloween hubby wanted her to be something cutesy and I overruled him and picked out a shark costume (totally cute fleece from old navy AND only 16 bucks!)
    Even though you didn't get the sunglasses, I can tell you now for THAT its easier to let slip..toddlers break them easily lol mine always picks out the pink ones-see, no damage done lol
  • edited June 2011
    @lil_buggie_3 lol, mine is all purple on her room too!
    @rckprincess2 if he is handing the reins over, take them and run. I am rebelling against pink, and like I keep saying, no matter what I choose, little baby will want opposite and not like my choices, but hey, mommy's rights!!!