UGH! SOME PEOPLE!!

*quick background* Before hubby and I moved to HI, I was friends with this girl whom I shall refer to as Nancy. After getting here, I was introduced to some of the guys he works with including a guy I shall call Ned. (I call them this because I refer to them as Negative Ned and Nancy when talking to DH.) ANYWAYS, Ned was going though a divorce and seemed like a decent guy. He once asked me why he couldn't meet a nice girl. While I was back in Cali for a visit, Nancy and I were driving to pick up some last minute Thanksgiving desserts when she said, "Why can't I just meet a nice guy." And BANG, it occurs to me that I could put them in contact with each other. So they start texting the day before Thanksgiving and the next thing I know, she's got plane tickets for like 2 weeks later. She gets here, they get engaged (before his divorce is final) and moves all over her stuff here by the end of Jan. There was no slowing her down, but that's not the point of this vent.

Nancy herself had suffered a few miscarriages because she is unable to carry a baby without hormonal control. She was there for me when I miscarried both times because she understood what I was going through. Then April rolls around and I barely see her because she works full time and if she's not at work, she's up her fiances butt. I consider this unhealthy, but it's not worth fighting with her over. So anyways, I got my bfp on May 3rd and that is the last time I have spoken with her on the phone and I haven't seen her either. She seemed distant on the phone, so I texted her a few times over the next week saying I hope she was ok and whatever. After a week, I get a text saying that she was sorry she didn't reply, that she had started having a miscarriage the day I found out I was pregnant. REALLY???? How the eff was I supposed to know?

So I send supportive texts for the next 2 weeks or so while hubby is out of town for work (yay military, lol) and never get a response. Hubby gets back to work and tells her fiance that he is sorry to hear about their loss and that I didn't mean to upset her to which Ned replies, "Ya, well it was bad timing." in a rather rude tone. Again...HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW??!! So basically Ned and Nancy have been holding a grudge against me for 2 months now because I am pregnant.

*230am Hawaii time* I noticed my phone was blinking, but I was "busy" so I didn't check it. Then it lights up because someone is calling and I look at hubby and he says don't answer it. I said maybe it's an emergency, I look and it's Nancy. Hubby says I should answer. Her first words to me in 2 months...I'm sorry it's late and if I woke you up, but I'm in the ER with Ned's sister and she's non responsive and I need Ned here, is there anyway you can go over and sit with the kids? By kids, she means Ned's 3 kids and his sister's 2 kids. Previously in the night, via facebook, Ned posts a pic of his sisters foot saying she was drunk, playing darts, and shot herself in the foot (clearly she had had enough to drink by that point, but I can only assume no one cut her off until she drank herself into where she is now). I hand the phone to hubby and he says ok. So he's over there now so Ned can be with Nancy and Ned's dumbass sister and I have to sleep alone. There is no way in hell I would ever call her for a favor after the way she's acted and she sure as hell owes me an apology for holding my pregnancy against me.

I just cannot believe both her and Ned (he called hubbys phone) would call us to help them out when they have treated us like crap. *update* Hubby just called and said Ned's sister got wasted at a friends, Ned picked her up. She apparently had more to drink after she got back to Ned's, wandered outside and talked to the neighbor, then hit the ground passed out. They got her inside and she had a seizure. Ned took her tiny baby (like 3 mo) with him and told hubby not to say anything to the other kids not to mention none of the kids have ever met my husband. I'm sure this will go over well with her oldest when he realizes that his mom is gone with the baby, but he couldn't go....ya, that will work. I told hubby he needs to text Ned and tell him that someone needs to come back to the house by 5am. I am sorry that she's in the hospital, but she is an adult with children and should make better choices. Ned and Nancy should be more prepared and not be treating people like crap when they are the only ones you can call. I want my hubby back in bed with me asap and that had better happen, or I will be calling myself. I also have plans in the morning and I am sure as hell not changing them because they can't be away from each other and can't be responsible. GRRRR!!!

Comments