F-I-L had a serious stroke 2000 miles away **UPDATE**

So my soon to be mil and fil are out visiting family in cali. They're from illinois as am i. I got a call last night that my fil had a stroke and had to be air lifted to UCLA. He's not responding well to the Meds and they attempted surgery but were unsuccessful. They blockage is in his main cerebral arterie. I had to go get my bd from work last night and tell him. I had to pack his bags and he's on his way to cali. He's got bout an hour and a half til his flight lands. But now its just a waiting game. If things get worse ill be catching a flight out tonight or tomorrow. Im scared. Prayers please.

Comments

• Hope everything gets better...
  • I'll be praying for u and Ur family hun
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Praying for your family
  • IM in Cali & he is in one of the best hospitals! That is where most serious cases are transferred. He is in good hands.
  • oh wow sweetie! my grandma had a huge stroke a long time ago! they said she wouldnt make it to she will never talk/ walk again... well g-ma lived over 10 more years walks bakes does everything and he speach after a couple years got very clear. at first only close family that was around her often could understand her. so there is hope! docs are NOT always right and sometimes things just need to run there corse.... but a lil over a month ago my g-ma at almost 95 suffered a massive stroke and it turned her brain into jello needless to say she died from that one... but she was old so her body couldnt handle much more trama anymore. i hope all goes well with ur fil... i know strokes r extreamly devistating and cause lifelong effects! thinking of u and ur family
  • Sending prayers hun! Hope he pulls through!
  • Prayin for him
  • His dad is in his 70s and he's a dr himself. He diagnosed himself before getting to the hospital. Bds mom is a nurse and she's been keeping us updated. Bd is in cali finally and i'm waiting for him to make it to the hospital. Nothing has changed since my last post.
  • Prayers for you and your family hun.
  • Blood flow to his brain has increased and he is becoming responsive of visitors. He's in no way out of danger but has showed some improvement.
  • That's good news though. Every good bit helps. Hopefully they'll be able to transfer him home soon. Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
  • I was hoping for a good update when I first read this :) will be keeping him in my thoughts
  • A transfer home would be hard. 2000miles.
  • I'm glad things have improved slightly.
  • awww i hope that he continues to get better and stronger! prayers to him and the fam!!! >:D< hugs.