Anybody Gaining Weight...

edited June 2011 in Petite Mommies
Only in their tummy area?! at 24 wks I was 118lbs...now I'm 26 wks so I'm prolly 120lbs...the thing is, is that I haven't gained any weight anywhere but in my belly (the baby bump)!! This is my 1st but I thought I was gonna be gaining weight everywhere else too! Idk if I'm happy or not about this! lol...I would look exactly the same if it wasn't for my bump...do u think my weight gain will distribute the further I get along?! I've always been petite...5'1 & 103 was pre-preggo.... I kinda wish it would :)

Comments

• No worries as long as your Dr doesn't have any concerns then your weight is good. Best of luck.
  • @librababii This is my first baby as well and im 28 weeks I went from 112 to 134 and im 5'8. The only place Iv gained any weight is my belly.
  • i am 5'2 and i was 95lbs before i got pregnant, not im 132lbs at 37 weeks. ive really only gained weight in my belly and butt. i dont look like im 37 weeks pregnant.. its a good thing as long as baby is growing like it should.
  • @gladiator007 nope...doc hasn't mentioned anything about my weight...everytime time I go, I'm about 2-3lbs more that my prior visit :)

@gunners_mommy good to know! ;)
  • Same here. I'm always all baby. But even when I'm not preg I feel like I only gain in my tummy lol
  • I'm 19weeks and I haven't gained a pound. The Dr doesn't mind my weight so as long as she's ok with it then I'm ok with it :)
  • I was 5'0 and about 90 pounds before I got pregnant now I'm 28 weeks and 113...I've only gained in my belly and boobs,I went from a very small B now Ive outgrown a D cup! I'm terrified with all 3 of my last babies my boobs grew mostly in my last trimester and after my milk came in so my poor back will be in for it this time. Only good thing is after I have my babies I'm usually almost back to normal size in about 3 weeks but my boobs stay a good size until I stop bfing
  • I've gained weight in my belly mostly just added a little to my ass and lots to my boobs n belly! I love it! I'm now a whopping 97lbs at 20w3d. I started out at 82lbs I think I needed to gain 5lbs before I was preg, but my metabolism just wouldn't let me!
  • @babyhamm omg 97lbs at 20wks?? wow! lol...ur belly is gonna look super cute! lol
  • I'm almost 30 weeks and I'm only 102 so far.
  • Yes! Im 29 wks and I've gained about 40 Lbs!! No one believes that I've gained that much b/c i dont look like it. My boobs and belly are BIG tho!!!
  • edited June 2011
    im in the same bout im 27w6d and i started at 117lbs and now weigh 131 and im 5'5 i didnt start gaining weight until 22weeks at first i was losing weight.. but my whole body looks the same except my boobs and belly... im all baby ..
  • @librababii i haven't gained weight at all... just have my baby bump growing.
  • edited June 2011
    & i 4got 2 mention, my boobs have grown a cup size! :) besides that, all baby bump!!
  • I'm 33 weeks and I've only gained 14 lbs total but I was overweight to begin with so that's fine. Its pretty much all belly and boobs too. I'm pretty happy with my weight gain and I know the more I keep it in check the easier it'll be for me to lose it later. I have a friend who gained 80 with one kid and 100 with the other. I can't even imagine. She must have been eating for 10.
  • @jess_rain13 WOW...ur friend went a 'lil' overboard!! lol
  • No jus belly. I'm 7 months tomorrow at midnight n I've only gained 5 pounds...I wasn't overweight before...normal size.129. Now weigh 134.
  • I'm 26 weeks today and I've gained one pound :p I was a lil bit over weight, and I lost 25lbs, and during my check up last wed they told me I gained 1lb back! My Dr told me I need to gain atleast 3-5lbs by next months check up, he said no more losing weight! I'm left with all belly and I actually have a lil booty now ;;)
  • I've gained like 3 lbs and I do not want to gain anymore then that, lol. We'll see what happens though.
  • I'm 5'10" and all mine has been tummy and boobs. A little swollen ankles but that isn't weight gain, but otherwise still wearing dresses and clothes that are non maternity I had last summer. Line of weird.