Need baby shower advice! When to do it?!

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
So Im 24wks and high risk. I have a cervical cerclage(stitch to hold cervix closed), and I also get weekly progesterone injections. 2wks ago my doc told me that my uterus was open and funneling. Pretty much the only thing holdin my baby in is the stitch. The plan was to have it removed at 36wks in sept. but there is a good chance he will arrive before then. My mom wants to have a shower aug 27 but I kinda feel thats a lil late considering my situation. I need help...any advice?

Comments

• I will be 32 weeks when I have mine..they say most people have their babies right after the cerclage is removed so u might be ok
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Or maybe u should go ahead and have one soon just in case your baby comes earlier than expected
  • yeah my bf was tellin me to have it after baby comes.
  • Do It The End Of August
  • edited June 2011
    @Mommyy2Be u dont think that will b too late?
  • do it at the end of july :) im due sept 29 n im doing mines on july 23rd.
  • Thats what I wanna go towards but idk.
  • Well if god forbid you do have the baby soon he will most likely have to stay in the hospital for a weeks and you will have plenty of time to gather everything you need before before he/she comes home. However baby showers are hella funnnn SOOO have it whenever you want it !!
  • @ChelseaMarie Yeah your right.
  • There are no rules so if its something you are going to stress over have it sooner rather than later that way its off your mind and you don't have to worry plus you'll have tons of time to get anything else you need. I wish mine would have been earlier.