ANYONE ON HERE FIMILIAR WITH TEXAS CUSTODY LAWS???

edited June 2011 in Single moms
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT CUSTODY AND VISITATION IF ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN THROUGH IT CAN HELP

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have been through it here in tx and i study family law here in tx.
  • @USMCWIFEMOMMY101107 GOOGLE ONLY TELLS REALLY ABOUT DIVORCE BATTLES, WE WERE NEVER MARRIED, NEVER REALLY TOGETHER, HES ONLY COME AROUND 9-11X IS UP ON GUN CHARGES IN ANOTHER STATE ETC, HAS ONLY BEEN PAYING CHILD SUPPORT FOR A YR AND HALF MY DAUGHTERS 3.5

• @tlj2011 i wrote a lil history here what can i do to keep him from taking her for the normal texas visitation if we were to go to court and make it where he would ONLY have supervised visitation and no out of state visits??? i also have text where he stated he would go for his rights and custody bc i have made his life difficult. nowhere did he state it was bc he wanted to be with his daughter.
  • YOU file for full custody. Keep proof if all contact between them. Keep proof of phone calls, text, email, fb, anything.
  • There has to be a legit proved reason for supervised visitation.
  • @caroline8_p the fact that he is violant and has a history of gun charges and had to be tazzered twice to get him to put down his gun isnt proof enough that he is unpredictable and dangerous??? he also has NOTHING but felon drug dealing gang banging friends he will most DEFINITELY take her around
  • Its up to the state to decide. Its not like I know what he has and hasn't done, just giving you the advice I have.
  • You have to have legal documentation of all your allegations. Then the court will decide from there. It is hard to get limited and supervised visitations if the allegations are not against the child. Other than that once the order is in place if he does not follow it he can be arrested. Unfortunately not paying child support does not limit his visitation.
  • @tlj2011 i dont need or care about the money. she also doesnt want to be around him, FOR WHATEVER REASON??

i have text of him telling me to "beat her ass" for saying shit when she was 1

i truly do worry
  • honestly he can keep the money and everything, ill put it in writing if he would just disappear
  • First... 1. Get a lawyer... 2. show proof of him being violent..
    If you dont get a lawyer pay the 5 bucks to pull up his arrest records online. If you have a lawyer you can get a detailed record of the police reports.. Unless you go through them and do it yourself..which you can.
    Ask for him to have supervised visits.. You are fearful for the childs safety..
    If hes ever been abusive, be sure to bring it up.
    He will pay each month to go to a location and see the child under supervision.
    Be sure to document everythibg avout his visit. The dates and how long he spent with the child. The childs reaction etc.
  • @luvbump i feel bad bc she is combative but i always calm her down by assuring her it will be ok so throughout the visit her reactions get better but the "pep talk" is a necessity to EVERY visit or shes scared
  • All the things you are asking for are outside the standard tx visitation and custody guidelines. So you will definitely need a lawyer. Cuz you can't go through the attorney general for what you want you will definitely have to go to family court. In family court you have to appear with a lawyer. Through the attorney general you don't. But they will only seek standard visitation and child support unless its something you both agree on then they will go outside the standard tx state guideline.