is it true...?

That husband's don't become father's until they see their baby? Because my husband sometimes is the biggest jerk when he goes to his friends house and gets drunk and then I have to take care of him (7 1/2 months pregnant!) He wasn't like this before, idk if he's freaking out cause our baby will be here in 2 months or what, but I can't take much more of this. I just hope he isn't like this when our baby is here, because I will not be taking care of two babies.

Comments

• That is what I have heard. but I think it depends on the man. Some don't become afters even after they see their babies because they don't want the responsibility. Good luck hope he turns it around.
  • Definitely depends on the man. My husband is already acting like a dad. He goes to all of our appointments, takes care of me, is reading his book on fatherhood, and loves his Diaper Dude daddy bag. I feel lucky.
  • I agree with @lilbabythree and @blueberrysmom. It really does depend on the man (notice man being the keyword). Sometimes they aren't done with their childhood and have a hard time making the adjustment.... even after the baby is born. I hope things turn around for you and maybe he's just going through a "I'm going nuts while I still have a chance" thing...

Good luck!
  • depends on the man.
    heck my husband didnt roll into daddy mode until our daughter was about 12 months old and i was 6 months pregnant with our son and hospitalized. he was FORCED to do a lot himself, so he had to get used to it.
  • I agree with everyone else.. it depends on the man. When one of my best friends was prego her husband could have cared less, all he wanted to do was go out every night and get drunk and party! In fact the night she had her son, i was the one there while he was busy with friends. Hours later he finally showed up (right before time for her to push) and once the baby was here, he continued drinking and hanging out with friends. I was with her everyday after the baby came and at one point moved in with them until they moved (he was military). He would never change the baby or feed him. In fact, we left the baby with him for like an hour one day and came back and he hadn't even changed the little one.. he'd had a dirty diaper the whole time! Now a divorce and couple years later (and a new gf) he's decided to be a half-dad. But hopefully your man will change once he see's your little one.
  • sometimes its true.. lol how old is he? mine didnt grow up completely till i left him a few times.. lol.. now hes a great husband and dad.. and he wasnt there for our first sons birth. the second birth he was .. and every since it seems like he cares alot more about me.. i guess being there for the whole proccess begging to end helped him appreciate me.. we are closer now than ever.. good luck i hope he comes around.. one mistake i made was to not speak up sooner.. so if i had advice for you thats what it would be.. just try and do it in a way that strokes his ego.. all men are babies and need to be treated as such.. at times.. lol.. and if that doesnt work give um a bitching out like hes never had before.. ugh..
  • When u due? Bc ive got 2 months left also an I think hell come around I just talk to him about it
  • @lovemylife11
    @lae3

I'm due september 6th and he's 22. I know he cares about our daughter, he talks to her and rubs my belly every day, feels for her kicks, just walks in her nursery imagining her in her crib, says he can't wait to hold her and spend time with her, smells her little clothes I've washed. I know he'd never neglect her and not be there for her. I just don't think he's fully realized that this is happening. And I'm just at the point in my pregnancy where drunk people annoy me to no end. He usually will get drunk once a weekend, every other weekend, unless were low on money. I guess its not that bad, but I just don't wanna deal with it, I'm so in get ready for baby mode.
  • Try to put him to bed lol and avoid him till morning.. I feel the same way abut drunk people. My man gets more agresive touching me but in an anoyibg way thank god he only drinks like once a month