having a hard time...

edited June 2011 in Depression
Between stress and my previous eating disorder its been really hard the last two days to eat I know its for my baby which is why I force myself to eat but omg i get so depressed.

Comments

• Eat stuff that is healthy but doesn't make you feel bad....fruits and veggies, I had the best spinach salad with boiled egg for lunch, crackers and cheese....you don't have to pig out on nasty food because you're preggo, be smart and healthy and I hope it helps with the depression...do you have someone to talk to about it all?? Praying for you, girlie :)
  • i'm sorry. i have been there! my first pregnancy was the worst for me, too. get the appropriate amount of calories and just had lots of good food to eat!
  • @1sttimerarmywife no everyone I tell says stop being dumb...im 6 mo preg and barely showing because my stomach was caved in before pregnancy now it just sticks out a lil so if I talk to someone they think im starving my baby. Thanks for the prayers. @survivormommie3 thank u its so hard im glad to know im not the only one. It makes me sad because I've been dealing with anorexia since 12 and had to go be hospitalized im now 18 and its still awful
  • I don't think its dumb, my cousin almost died from anroexia and it is a true disease you struggle with daily...if you're thin and baby is sitting towards the spine you will barely show...I am also six months, when are you due?? :) this is my first also and the weight gain is hard to deal with...I survive on small snacks between healthy meals...strong cheese, apples, crackers and cheese...your doctor should tell you if he/she is concerned about your weight...we are here for you!!!
  • Try making smoothies and adding dry oatmeal before you blend it. Keeps you full and has lots of fiber.
  • @blueberrysmom has the awesome-ist yummiest smoothie recipe EVER!! =D>
  • I've figured out that smoothies make almost everything better! (*) @1sttimerarmywife
  • @1sttimerarmy wife thank u for the support I really need it. My fiance thinks it should be easy to get over if I truly want to but its not! Its not as simple as just saying huh it doesn't bug me anymore. I had to be hospitalized for a long time at 12 I almost died because of it. Its not like I wanted to die I didn't want attention it wasn't a temper tantrum it just happened. I cry all the time praying god will take away the feelings of self hatred and urges to not eat. I think maybe not showing a ton yet is gods way of cutting me a break like letting me get used to what I've gained before making it harder. I thank god everyday for this baby girl im growing and I wouldn't change my pregnancy for the world I just wish id enjoy pregnancy more instead of worrying. @blueberrysmom that sounds good thank u :)
  • Your doing good so far. If your anything like me, you will eat good for about three days and fall of a few days. My doctor says Im gaining and it sounds like you are too. I also get depressed which affects my eating. Then I get depressed cause Im not eating enough for my baby. Its hard to understand Im still trying to figure it out. I wish you luck
  • @Trisharose thanks thats exactly how its going for me... I am so scared once she gets here ill go back to restrictive eating and it scares me because what if when she gets older she were to become like me?? Id be crushed and she would have so much to overcome so I think that's why when I get down I force myself to eat. I never wanna hurt her when I feel her move inside me I feel amazing. I know ill be a good mom I just don't want to feel this way when she arrives.im six months my total weight gain is ten lbs so im doing pretty good hopefully I hope it gets easier on u too!!
  • Maybe she will be a blessing in more ways than one, you will be so busy being an awesome mom, you won't have to worry so much! I think you're doing fantastic for 6 months! I've gained almost 15 in the same amount of time so you are right on target!!! We are all here for you, if you're having a bad day, just holler at us...you need support of all kinds right now, we all do, so feel free to reach out whenever you need it :)
  • Did you see the sixteen and pregnant episode with yhe anorexic girl? I've never gone through that i'm on the thick side, but I wish you all the best. Try and eat healthy snacks every few hours.
  • Aww thanks.. Well I have a son already hes 14 and has no problems eating. Although when he was younger doctors said he was too small then when he got older they said hes overweight. Im like wth. Now hes evened out. I do worry that I will start to restict once baby is born too. Are you in therapy right now? I started going back because I stopped taking the meds almost 2years old. I think its helping. Your lil girl will be just fine, we tend to make sure others are eating well. But when it comes to ourselfs its not as important. Thats probably why you can force yourself to eat at times, your already worried she's not getting enough. Dont be sad your doing good
  • @1sttimerarmywife I hope ur right :) its good to hear. thank u so much im so thankful for all my pregly friends! @blueberrysmom thank u for the link :) @Jess510 no I didn't see it :( thank u :) @Trisharose thank u for the supportvim glad ur son is doing well I am not in therapy right now but have been considering it for a bit
  • No problem