I rarely ever go on a rampage, but I gotta get this out!!!

I have a friend thats younger than me and always calls me for advice, which is cool. So today she texted me and asked if I cried when my husband left for Afghanistan. I told her yeah and I still do. I went through a state of depression where I didn't want to talk to anybody for at least the first month he was gone. So she tells me about her and her "boyfriend", how she cries when he leaves after a visit. She lives in NC and he lives in DC somewhere. It made me feel some kinda way after she compared her relationship to mine. We are in two totally different situations. She will never know how it feels to have your other half away for a year+.....to miss an entire pregnancy, and possibly the birth of your first child together, then have to turn around two weeks after baby is born and go back to Afghanistan. She gets to see her guy every weekend and if it was all that serious, why not move in with him or have him move here???....I do this s*** everyday and you complaining about a couple of days.....Girl bye.....I'm sorry and I don't know why it did, but that ish pissed me off....Whew I needed to get that out.... #:-s

Comments

• That would pies me off too. I'm not am army wife but I know I could never do it its not comparable at all!
  • It pissed you off because she seemed yo be saying she knows how you feel cuz she goes thru the same thing. And that's bull crap. She needs a smack of reality upside her head
  • I completely understand!!!!! Had a female try to compare her relationship with a locked up convict to my husband who I consider a modern day superman.

I dnt think I'm better than anyone, but the two are no where near the same.

I feel you
  • @MrsHarber ....thanks for agreeing...Some of the stuff she says baffles me sometimes...I kinda look at her like "did you really just say that?"...lol
  • @mrs_shu ...she's young so I have to give her the benefit of the doubt!!!!

@NewMommy_NavyWife ...They aren't in any way comparable. I know I'm not the only military wife out there, but I have to say that this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It takes really takes a strong woman.

• I can't imagine how hard it would be my hubby worked out of town when we first got married but he didn't miss much and I didn't have to worry about his safety I could never imagine how you ladies feel and I think its crazy for anyone to try to compare anything to it. @armywife3
  • @MrsHarber ...Thanks that means a lot :)
  • edited June 2011
    Agreed....nobody will ever understand. But lord knows I wouldnt trade him for the world. Lol

Had a "military girlfriend" on base the other day try to compare to being a "military wife".

I bout slapped her! Lol I was like no unless you do this ish 24/7 you dnt understand. But like you said she was very young(17) so I just let it ride. Lol
  • @August22baby ...Trust me I wanted to....but she is still my friend despite the stupid stuff she says sometimes...lol
  • edited June 2011
    Lol I take this life very serious....but keep your head up dear!

I know him being gone during a time like this is hella hard, but if we dnt love them nobody will! :)

I'm here if you ever need to talk!
  • edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AngeliaAndMe ...lol... I know right.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thems fightin words right there.. ha ha I totally know what u mean. Unless u have been a military wife, don't try and compare your weekend visitation to it. She has the ability to go see him quite often but when our hubbys are gone we get contact only when they get a chance..

I felt like venting with you... :)

• @Mommy_of_two ...I guess I understand it from that point of view, but my issue was don't compare your situation to what I'm going through...we are not going through the same thing....she has the luxury of visiting him and him visiting her anytime they want. I have to hope I can get a skype conversation in every once in a while. I have to pray that I don't see a black Tahoe pulling up in my yard telling me my husband is gone...I understand she loves him and he may very well love her, but until she's been in my shoes, she will never understand how I feel...
  • @podgemarine ...I'm fine now...I'm just glad to see that I'm not crazy and there are people that agree with me :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.