Help! Still no name! How do you know when its the right name?

edited June 2011 in Baby names
I am 33 wks & still no name. I have found many that I like, just not willing to commit to her name. It seems like you should "just know" people keep telling me maybe I wont know till I see her, but I want to figure it out sooner. Me & her father are not together so I want to give him some time to get use to the name before she's here since he wont be in delivery. I really like girly names, that are easy to nickname, a little different but not to over the top. Can you tell me how you just knew it was the right name for your baby? Or if you have any name suggestions? I like grace for a middle name that's all I have.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We couldn't either so we waited until after we seen her then we knew Wat we wanted to name her I'm doin the same this
  • I'm almost 30 weeks with no name for my son. We didnt name my second daughter until 10 minutes after she was born. Itll come to you, and you'll know.
  • @snreda, thanks that makes me feel better. My problem is I asked to many people what they thought of names, now I cant get them Not to give me there opinion, I think it just makes it worse when you ask people there opinion
  • Yes....I had the same problem. I have a more clear idea now but nothing set in stone. I'm 34 weeks along and no name!
  • Grrrr so frustrating! Why doesn't any name sound right? Starting to really panic!
  • If I had a girl but im having a boy we thought about

Peighton lee
    Xoe (pernounce zoey)
    McKynlee grace
    Mac
  • I think sometimes you know, and sometimes you need to meet baby and it will just jump at you. We keep telling everyone Eunice Zod to get them off our butts, and hubby's mil keeps saying what she wants (like I care) and my hubby wants to tell everyone, but I'm not ready. For me. The day we found out she is a girl, I started calling her by her name. Hubby was like stop that! And now he calls ge that too and we just know it is her name. Don't stress, it will come!!!
  • I just rolled off our tongues and sounded sexy.lol that's how I knew and then my bf slowly caught on.lol
  • With my daughter, I couldnt commit til 36 wks, and I didnt tell a lot of people my choice because since I got pregnant, everyone thru their opinions and crushed names I really liked. In the end I knew my daughters name was perfect cuz I couldnt stop thinking bout it, and I stopped caring what anyone said, even my husband cuz he wouldnt suggest names or agree just tear them down
  • With my 3 year old we couldnt agree on a name for her till the day before her due date, her name is Analaya rose (ana-lay-a), now i am 27 weeks and having another girl and again having such a hard time picking out her name. We want something simalar girly and cute to go with our other daughters, but not really an A name unless its super cute, good luck!
  • Wish a name would just "feel right"