jealous

edited February 2011 in Trying to conceive
So I'm pouting a little......dh and I have just now started to feel the sting of worrying that concieving might be an issue. We've been trying for a while but are just getting serious about it.
It seems like EVERYONE I know is pregnant or having a baby. I am so envious and I'm sure everyone feels like this too...right? Is not having something that everyone else seems to be getting making me want it more?

Comments

• Could be...My SIL got pregnant and I got BITTER. I have wanted children pretty much since my own birth. Lol jk, but seeing both of my brothers have babies and myself as a married, childless woman is making me want it more than anything. You aren't alone.
  • I wanted a baby so bad! I was starting to think I was sterile or something. Using mydays helped me conceive in a month after 5 months of no success.
  • I was exactly like that. I wanted to punch them when they would talk about how bad their symptoms were or how fast it took them to conceive. I got really depressed when my SIL got pregnant..both of them actually. I almost started crying at walmart a couple of times when I would see pregnant women or when women would ask my husband or I if we.had any kids at home
  • I used fertilityfriend.com and pressed lubricant
  • I was also scared I couldn't get pregnant and would get jealous of my friends who were pregnant. But with all the morning sickness and headaches and mood swings, it makes me wonder why I really wanted to be pregnant in the first place. Of course I'm still happy about it, but I'm ready for it to be over lol
  • @sas_edwards You're not alone, I have 13+ ppl ( combo of friends & family) who are prego right now & are due btwn July & Oct. Is sooo depressing! Hubby & I have been ttc for over 16 months now & a friend of mine got married & got prego on their honeymoon. It never seems fair! 2 of my close friends are prego well one just had her baby & I am so happy for them, but it also makes me sad. using this forum has helped a lot!
  • I had the same feeling, it always seemed so easy for everyone else who WASN'T ttc to actually get a positive pregnancy test and I wasn't that lucky... my and my husband had be trying for kids for almost 2 yr and nothing happened but once we stopped trying so hard and just tried to focus on everything else, we somehow "forgot" about ttc and then I took a test and found out I was 12 wks pregnant...I'm 33 wks now and feel like I'm going to be a lioness lol it'll happen for you when you least expect ;D
  • everyone says the stress of "trying" can hinder the process... also try different places just randomly.....like disappear to a hotel/spa for a wknd or a day trip away from it all. or hell get crazy a borrow a fitting room....i have heard a lot of people have successful by being spontanious....good luck
  • I felt like a jerk for being better with my older SIL bc they were ttc for 8 years. My younger SIL is a baby frickin factory and not the best mommy. She has a 4yr old and my nephew who is going to be 1 this month and wants to have another...which she probably will at the drop of a hat and I will wanna smack her...my worse incident was walking out of Target crying because it was like every lady in there was between 6 and 9 months preggers. :( hubby was frustrated, but he is much more understanding now. Lol. ...I guess we just have to wait our turns - as frustrating as it is.
  • Thanks ladies! I know I'm not alone! And like I said we haven't been trying for too long yet and we wont give up hope. I am confident if we're patient we will be parents one day. And I know there are so many who have had a lot harder and longer and more painful experience.
    I am so glad I get to chat w y'all!