best birth control help!!

edited June 2011 in Health
I have nooo idea wat kind of birth control I want or should I say best one!!!wat r u taking??? Of course I don't wanna gain weight..

Comments

• I have no clue! When u find out, let me know please :) I haven't been on bc since 2008..I hate it!
  • I wanted to try an IUD until I read about it's side effects at my job. Now I have no clue what form of birth control I'll be using.
  • I've been on multiple birth controls, and am researching for what to get on as well. Heres from my experience:
    The pill: has least amount of side effects but it was a hassel for me to remember to take at the same time daily. I had 4 different pills
    The ring: worked great for the first 8 mos then led to vaginal dryness (libido went down and I had to use lubricant cuz stimulation wasnt cuttin it- but its nice that it stays in for 3 weeks
    Depo shot: last the longest, but it had most side effects for me, and I gained a lot of weight
    The patch: loved it, put it on once a week and it worked great. I didnt have side effects, but there was a lawsuit the past couple of yrs for bloodclots (which all b.c has the possibilty to cause

Every method is different and what works out got some, dont work for others, ask ur dr or planned parenthoodd brochures are awesome. I'm too afraid to try mirena or any other iud, and not sure bout the new thing they put in ur arm for months..

• Pills are best for not gaining weight after I have baby that's what I will be using as far a remembering to take them set an alarm on you phone and keep them somewhere you look at daily
  • @praying4our3rd ah ur scaring me:/ I guess its all a risk...
  • @merandagarcia I think that will me my best option
  • I had the patch and it made me have heart palpitations and other side effects. I wouldn't go back on that. I loved my loestrin 24fe...then it got to be too much $$ (no health ins..ranged from $60-$75/month) and my bf was going to be away for a yr (army) anyhow so I stopped taking it...well he came home and now I'm pregnant...sooo the $$ for loestrin is better than another baby lol I set my phone alarm to remember it and I never had any side effects from it or weight gain.
  • @beautifulone what are the side effects of the iud? I was planing on getting it :(
  • edited February 2013

• The only ones i was offered because of breastfeeding were the pill or the shot. everything else had interactions and would go to the baby or lower milk supply... :-D
    (this was in oct 09..)
  • My doc said if breastfeeding, then I had to go on a "progesterone" only pill.. not sure what the difference side-effect wise.
  • edited February 2013
  • I loved the arm implant implanon I probably spelled that wrong and I'm going back I'm it after Bunny is born. It all depends on how your body reacts to everything. I couldn't use the ring cause my little boy messed everything up down there when he made his entrence. Got bad reactions from all the pills I've tried. I've had PID several times from my improperly cared for m/c's so no uid. Couldn't pay me to get the shot lol
    @stephenie you can use a mini pill while bf'ing
  • The arm implant is progesterone only so it can be used while breastfeeding.
  • edited February 2013
  • Im getting my tubes tied, cut, and burnt!! One baby is enough for me! Lol I had the iud before though and it seemed to cause some stinky discharge and alot of infections for me. I don't recommend it. I think the arm thing sounds cool