who is waiting til after their baby shower to shop for baby??

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
I am :)

Comments

• I am too. I'm having two in July.
  • My husband is making me.. :(
  • People keep telling me to wait but its so hard!
  • If I get a shower probably wont. But won't shop till Aug anyway csection Sept 7th.
  • My mom is making me but I snuck and bought some stuff.! LOL she says its bad luck
  • I am, I only have to wait another month I just don't wanna waste money
  • @ginaa412 what makes it bad luck? Does it mean u wont get good stuff at ur shower? Oh now im worried
  • I am.... kinda... lol ive bought a few clothing items but thats abt it... since im inviting so many ppl to my shower my mom said i sud wait to but its sooooo hard :-W
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You will get so much random stuff at a shower. I am this time but I saved everything so I don't think that counts. Every so often if I see something really cute or special I pick it up.
  • I've been buying clothes, but waiting on my shower for thr big stuff.
  • @gunners_mommy I'm not really sure I think she said complications. Everyone told me that. But I don't believe it cus there's single mothers who buy stuff for there babies or women who don't have a baby shower. She probably just don't want us to buy anything but we did anyways I tried to wait it was just to hard. I'm 29 weeks I waited long enough.
  • I'm shopping as soon as I find out the sex. My baby shower is mostly family and we live by the idea that family buys all the big stuff. So that leaves me all the onesies, blankets and diapers. My job always throws a surprise baby shower unless its for the expecting dad where they tell them so their partner can come so maybe I can get all the misc stuff there. I would advise at the end of the season but to figure out how old your baby will be the following yr , add 3 months in sizing and rack up on all the sales bc at the baby shower everyone buys newborn stuff and your stuck buying full price the following yr. I did it for all my cousins and they thanked me when the season changed and they only had my outfits to hold them over. Happy shopping ladies.
  • I am going to wait for strollers and big items like that bit the diapers and onesis I getting now you can never get enough of those!!!
  • this is baby number 3 for me and i had showers for both my other kids.. so this time i'm just not gonna have one. and my youngest is now 6 so i pretty much gave away everything i had and now i gotta buy all new stuff lol
  • @ginaa412 I'm 29 weeks Thursday... I couldn't imagine having to wait that long
  • I'm having a shower on july 16th in my hometown an one in my new city on july 31st. But I'm going to go shopping after the one in my hometown. I have all my big items, out the way already
  • My family doesn't look at the registry :/ so I know all I'll get is clothes and diapers.. we're getting all the big stuff ourselves, including bottles and stuff like that. I haven't bought much. So we'll wait after the shower to buy whatever we still need. I'm 32 weeks and have only bought like a 1 outfit and made her lots of bows! Lol
  • Ive been buying clothes everytime I come across something I like. Im waiting to get the bigger things after the baby shower because my family tends to be very generous. My mom is buying the travel system & MIL is buying the pack n play. Im thinking my siblings might all pitch in for the crib, though im not counting on it.
  • I am! We only bought 1 cute outfit so far. My Mom has bought over 20 outfits lol. But we are def waiting til after the shower to get everything else we might need. It just makes more sense to me. Our baby shower is less than 2wks away woohoo!
  • @my1stbaby08 aww ur lucky to have two, is one with family & the other at work??

@lucy_loo_288 well my hubby cant stop me. I actually bought one onesie & a dresser for my lil girl n my mil bought her a bunch of clothes, mittens, n beanies :)

@gunners_mommy I knoe its hard :( but u can still get lil things :) im just waiting bc I have a huge family so im waiting to see what ima get so I can buy wat I didnt get :)

@ghettobetty y u think ur not getting a shower??? nobody throwin u one or u just dont want one?? baby stuff r so cute its hard not to buy any but im throwing my own shower so all my money went towards my shower so thas how I stop myself from shopping for my boo nyla.
  • I've bought all the mayor items but am lacking clothes, toys, and diapers. So I'm waiting till the baby is born to shop because we don't know what we are having :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ginaa412 my mom thinks its bad luck too like if I get her sumn how bout she dont make it or sumn :( I dont believe it also

@squrit299 I have another month til my shower too n I cant wait :) its on july 23rd. how about ur???

@firsttimeoct_mom lol I knoe wat u mean thats y im waiting. I have 80+ ppl coming. I made it a family function baby shower :)

@mshahir well u knoe wats best for u, ppl do just by lil gifts but my baby shower is mainly family n a couple of friends n co worker so thas y im waiting.

@socalmomma2boys lol I bought one onesie bc I thought it was soooo cute n I just bought my daughter a dresser yesterday but thas all I got so far :)

@jess510 clothes aint too bad cuz infants goes thru so many outfits each day its always good to have extra :)
  • edited June 2011
    I was but now I won't b havn one and I hav 12days to get my son everything he needs or at least the items hell need rite away...ugh this is stressful
  • @nelsbrandon thats a great idea for stocking up on clothes... buying the lil thing r good if the family does come thru with the big stuff. thats wat im hoping my family will do :)

@mybabe seriously ur right u can never have too many clothes n diapers :)

@cee808 aww six yrs is a while I can see y u would give the stuff away but look on the bright side shopping for a baby is soooo much fun. everything is so cute n it makes u say awwww everytime u pick sumn up lol

@mami2b awww ur lucky to have two also :) hope u get alot of goodies.
  • lol i am excited tho because i get to pick out everything myself!
  • @lily_glz same here my family doesnt look at registrys they just give money in white envelopes n lots of baby things

@mszcastillo Ooooo u be thinking like me lol my sis is getting me a crib but I heard my other sis said her n her man might chip in to get me my stroller n car seat :) Oooo, I pray. hope ur family comes thru for u

@2ndbutfirst was the furnitures in good condition bc they r expensive. I just had to buy my daughter a dresser yesterday. as much as I wana buy bc its my first ima wait til after my shower its on july 23rd. when urs???

@rizzychicky lol I only bought onesie n a dresser n my mil bought so many lil things lol but im with u, im waiting til after my shower. good luck with ur shower n let me kno how it goes :)

@fallen05 oh r u waiting til birth to find out??? thats exciting, I cant wait. im impatient lol

@mama0811 hun ur almost there. u have less than two months. did u have ur shower yet???

@beauty0710 awww what happen with the shower??? I knoe its stressful especially when baby can come any day now. good luck with everything :)
  • @cee808 I knoe it is especially when its ur own baby ur shopping for. six yrs is a long waiting period for another child. how does it feel??? does it make u feel like a first time mom all over again??
  • I wont be having a shower :/ but I haven't bought anything yet. I plan to buy around week 36 or so.