Getting IUD tomorrow and I am scared :/

Lol I didn't know what category to put this under hehe, but tomorrow is my 6 weeks check up and I will be getting the IUD in the beginning I was convinced to get it now for some reason i am scared :( are there any mommies that have had one??? if yes are there any side effects does it hurt oh man its either that or the pills and I am so bad with taking pills lol

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Ugh I'm trying to decide on birth controls too. I was on the pill when I was younger and I could nvr remember to take it properly. I'm debating on getting the shot...idk though. IUD does seem a bit scary though. Isn't that were they put the little contraption blocking ur tubes?

I'm not due till sept though so I still have a bit to decide
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @rckprincess2 This is a tough decision...I got on the shot with my first daughter and I didn't get my period for about 7 months so I decided not to get on it anymore. My doctor told me I can only get on the IUD, shot, or the pills because I am BF. I am just nervous it will hurt me I cant even sleep thinking about my app tomorrow
  • I had the IUD and I hated it in gave me the worst heavy peroids and a lot of pain in my pelvic. And my hubby was able to feel it and hurt him when we would have sex. I will never get an IUD again. But that's just my experience.
  • @cfa my friend also just had her baby a year ago and she got on it and it totally ruined her period also she has had so many pregnancy scares its not funny and she said that her boyfriend can sometimes feel it :( I think I should just get on the pills this is scarier than giving birth lol
  • I've heard that like with every bc that there is still a chance of getting prego, but that if u do get prego with IUD it can cause some severe complications...not really sure though as I've never personally used IUD.
  • Don't they have a pill were u don't have to take it everyday??or something like that.
  • @rckprincess2 IDK but I will ask tomorrow I am just so forgetful sometimes I forgot to take my prenatal's so much when I was pregnant.
  • Sounds like me =p I had to get one of those wk trackers and I set it right nxt to the coffee pot so I have to see it anytime I am at the counter lol. It still only works sometimes.
  • Ya i i agree with @cfa horrible expericane about the same as her, but it also made it hurt to have sex for me after having it took out untill now just because im preggo and im a person who liked it till after the stupid iud. Hope after i have this baby no more pain we will she and same with my sis and it gave her scar tissue. NEVER AGAIN!
  • @rckprincess2 yess I had a reminder everyday also and for some reason I still forgot millions of times haha I am not a pill popper
    @angierose3 I think I will ask for another thing because I am hearing negative things from it right and left. :(
  • Ya sorry i thought it was a good idea to last time and my girl is 3 now, wish i wouldn't have done it but i was also bf thats why i did. This time just getting my tubes tied because i am done.
  • I think I agree with u @grissy_barria I think this post has marked that off my list.

Thanks for all the info ladies and the post.
  • @rckprincess2 I am convinced that it is not on my to do list I will ask for something else
    @angierose3,@cfa thanks for the info :) I am convinced i will not get it
  • I had an iud and i loved it...i had maybe 2 periods in 2 years then i got it takin out because of an infection (my fault) but im thinking of getting another one!
  • @grissy_barria I had the iud at my 6 week check after my first. It was so easy for me being that I was adjusting to a newborn and didn't have to remember to take anything... After 3 months I didnt have a cycle again til I had it removed when we started trying for this baby which I got preggo within 2 months. I will be getting another one for sure after this baby! However if you decide to go with the pill my suggestion is to rubberband your pill pack to your toothpaste since we all can remember to brush our teeth it will remind you to take it. Good luck with your decision! Hopefully my story and suggestion will be helpful to you...
  • @carrie thanks I have to figure out a way to remind myself if I do get the pill because i knoe if i miss one thats it I will be pregnant and thats nothing I want right now
  • Your welcome. I'm trying to convince my doctor to tie up my tubes after baby is born. I'm already having a c- section but its a fight.
  • ooh let me know how it goes I've been contemplating about the same thing cause I hear so many bad reviews on it
  • I have a medication reminder on my phone. Because im always on my phone so I always see/hear it go off reminding me..there's an app for everything these days :)
  • @grissy_barria what did you end up getting?
  • Im getting the inplant that goes in ur arm I had the iud and liked it at first but hubby could feel it and u always had to check it and it started to hurt and u get infections easy if u take alot of bubble baths,, (well I did)i wont do it again thoo
  • loved mine! Had copper for a year but had issues after a year with spotting, so I got Mirena...and it was AMAZING! Was able conceive in a month after removal.
  • I had the shot when I was younger & had my period 6 months straight! Never doing that again! Always forgot my pill...so next week I get my iud...everyone I talked to that has/had one loved it so I wouldn't be scared some women don't even feel it and others say its only a pinching feeling and hurts for a couple seconds then its done...
  • How about the nuva ring I had it before I got prego and loved it.
  • @grissy_barria I had an iud for 5 years and had no problems. I did sometimes have heavier periods but they have the merina now and most people do not have a cycle with this iud because it releases a hormone. The one I had did not. I cramped just a little when he inserted it. I am so bad about taking the pill so it was great for me!
  • Before you go in, if you have one and can safely take it (not breastfeeding) take a half a Vicodin or a whole depending on tolerance. i did that...Supposedly you get a big cramp when they insert...neither time did I experience that and the last one I had copper removed and one inserted at the same time. Its not bad. You will spot that day then viola.....with luck light or no period after a few months!